Looking for divesite Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, have you by any chance compiled a list of mine/quarries that divers can access? Just curious:D

Sorry Stingray1, I can't compile a list as their database is old and doesn't export well. They are going to give me a screenshot with any hits they find. I haven't heard back from Real Estate yet. This is a shot in the dark, as my company is into coal, not quarries, lead, etc. I hope to hear more today.

Thanks,
Bill

Sorry Stingray1, I can't compile a list as their database is old and doesn't export well. They are going to give me a screenshot with any hits they find. I haven't heard back from Real Estate yet. This is a shot in the dark, as my company is into coal, not quarries, lead, etc. I hope to hear more today.

Thanks,
Bill

Thanks for the update. Any hits would be great to hear about. ResQDiver and I are tring to find everything we can down around here. One or both of us will keep everyone updated to anything we find.

Thanks for the update. Any hits would be great to hear about. ResQDiver and I are tring to find everything we can down around here. One or both of us will keep everyone updated to anything we find.

Sorry guys - failure - they haven't any info on these sites

I go to Goose Creek all the time. You just have to know someone who is a property owner and, well, I know someone. However, I can't imagine that it is good diving. On a good day the visibility is pretty bad (10 feet or so). There is also a lot of boat activity piloted by some real Einsteins. I definitely wouldn't want to ascend on anything but a mooring line.

I know that it gets fairly deep too - 200ft plus.

However, I would really like to find out about some places locally that I can dive. I originally just wanted to get my OW so I could go out on my infrequent trips to the ocean. However, after taking the classes I realize how little I knew and how important it will be to keep practicing. Unfortunately I have the dual disadvantage of living in St. Louis AND not knowing anyone else who dives. :shakehead:

Jeff Adams, the owner of Scuba Adventure Dive shop in Jeff City, owns property with a couple of quarries that he does his classes in. They aren't huge, but are set up for diving (platforms, etc) and there is a car in one of them. You can get in touch with Jeff at (573)634-3483.

Scott

The dive at Eugene will cost you $5, maybe $10. It varies, could even be free during instruction. If you want a free dive and you want to drive to the central part of the state then check out Finger Lakes. The North quarry is pretty decent and gets about 30 feet deep.

That's close to how deep the shallow quarry is at Eugene, and to be honest the visibility is better than last time I dove there. I sometimes do work at that quarry keep the platforms clean, tough job sweeping it but sometimes that's what I do.

There are car's in both active quarries, only they're crushed in the shallow one. The deeper one has a car, tele booth, computer, tube, bike, probably more that I'm forgetting.

The deeper quarry is about 55 feet deep most times by the way.

On a good day the visibility is pretty bad (10 feet or so).

PS, get used to that. 10' is actually pretty good visibility for around our parts, during the Winter months you can sometimes hit 40 feet, but during the normal diving months 5 to 15 feet is common for most lakes. Beaver Lake is usually at the 15 to 20 feet and Table Rock Lake is usually at the 10 to 15 foot range.

The quarry at Eugene tends to hover around 10 feet or so, depends on weather and season. I've seen it better, and I've seen less than 5 there as well.

If you want to dive central MO give me a hollar, I'll dive with you. Not right now, I tore the finger nail off my thumb, complete nail from the bed outwards and my doctor says no diving for about a month, then it'll be drysuit diving for me. I might dive earlier if it stops hurting, but it's going to be drysuit diving from now until next year I suspect to keep the risk of infection gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom