Looking for divesite Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ResQDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here are a few places to dive around the Ste Genevieve, Missouri area.
Public Lakes:
Rock Ridge Ranch off of hwy O
Goose Creek - Off of the hwy y

Establishment Creek Bridge about 100 yards upstream there is an old quarry.

In Ozora, MIssouri there is an old Marble Quarry off of P road

Upriver from the ferry landing in STe Genevieve there is another quarry.

With some of these places it would be nice to obtain permission before diving. IF anyone knows of anyone that could help it would be appreciated. I have dove all of these since the early 80's and I know ownership have changed on a few.

Good luck and let me know
latersz

I know nothing about those sites, but it has always bugged me that with over 1000 mines and quarries in Missouri there are so few places to dive. Let me know if you go to any of those on a weekend as I would like to dive them as well.

Thanks,
Bill Sigmund

ResQDiver,
I forgot to mention that I work for a mining company in Missouri and if you have troubles locating an owner, I can possibly get someone in our real estate group to find out. I would need any previous owners names, address, zip, even gps if you have it. This would allow them a better chance to get the information.

Most likely they will not allow you onto private property to dive. This is one of the downsides of our American system of non justice where people constantly sue one another. Our litigous society has compromised our freedoms and the good will of people in general. N

Yea the quarry on P road in Ozora use to be a hot spot for swimming and stuff duriing my high school years (89) then the property was sold and the new owner blocked off the road. You can still get up to it but dont do it in a vehicle you care about. Old BIG 4x4 is the way to go or 4 wheeler.. otherwise your walking and humpin gear.
I will do some courthouse research locally and pull the tax maps on the area. I do know that the quarry up river is owned my mississippi lime company. They use to have a security group patrol the properties around the town.. they have since chose not to employ a security group since 2000 or so... trespassing is such an ugly word but I know it will come to mind.. maybe outlaw diving.. or something else is more acceptable.
Hey BSIGMUND... do you have google map? I will forward gps if I can.
Next post... laterz

Ok here is gps..
one hole at the quarry is at 37 degrees 50 minutes 58.84 seconds north
90 degrees 03 minutes 23.41 seconds west
there is another hold that I never swam in during the years but it was holding water
its at 37 degrees 51 minutes 02.44 seconds north
90 degrees 03 minutes 21.97 seconds west.

quarry up the mississippi river is at
38 degrees 00 minutes 26.94 seconds north
90 degrees 04 minutes 01.26 seconds west.
Talk to yall laterz

ResQDiver,
I will forward this to some people in our real estate department. They have databases full of mines and quarries - they may or may not be in there.

Bill

ResQDiver:
Ok here is gps..
one hole at the quarry is at 37 degrees 50 minutes 58.84 seconds north
90 degrees 03 minutes 23.41 seconds west
there is another hold that I never swam in during the years but it was holding water
its at 37 degrees 51 minutes 02.44 seconds north
90 degrees 03 minutes 21.97 seconds west.

quarry up the mississippi river is at
38 degrees 00 minutes 26.94 seconds north
90 degrees 04 minutes 01.26 seconds west.
Talk to yall laterz

bsigmund:
ResQDiver,
I forgot to mention that I work for a mining company in Missouri and if you have troubles locating an owner, I can possibly get someone in our real estate group to find out. I would need any previous owners names, address, zip, even gps if you have it. This would allow them a better chance to get the information.

So, have you by any chance compiled a list of mine/quarries that divers can access? Just curious:D

Back
Top Bottom