Looking for dive shop in ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba41girl

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
My cousin is looking to get certified within 2 weeks. last minute trip to cozumel. Does anyone know of a dive shop close to Ashtabula, OH?

Thanks

Not sure exactly where ashtabula is but there is New Wave Scuba in Port Clinton, Ohio... I think that is close... Cleveland has a number of dive centers too.

Rich

Where in Cleveland are there dive shops? I am looking to go there for the summer (I from Cleveland and didn't even think of swimming in Lake Erie, let alone dive it :) but I would like a recommendation for a good shop. Thanks!

Where in Cleveland are there dive shops? I am looking to go there for the summer (I from Cleveland and didn't even think of swimming in Lake Erie, let alone dive it :) but I would like a recommendation for a good shop. Thanks!

Don't know how long you been gone but Erie is great diving! Lots of wrecks, vis upwards of 70 80 ft or more. We had that plus at 155ft on the wreck of the St. James last summer. Since the zebra mussels moved in it's really cleared up and the clean up efforts have helped as well. Oh you still get some beach closures now and then but for the most part it nothing like it used to be.

i found this... dont know how updated this is but the first dive center on the list is in ashtabula

Ohio Dive Directory

Hi all,
My cousin is looking to get certified within 2 weeks. last minute trip to cozumel. Does anyone know of a dive shop close to Ashtabula, OH?

Thanks

Just Add Water is a very good PADI dive center located in Willougby Ohio. Your cousin could get their class work and confined water dives done in two weeks, but I doubt they could get their open water dives done this time of year in Ohio. It's more then likely the best you could hope for is a referral.

Just Add Water, Willoughby, SCUBA diving lessons, PADI certification, Scuba Equipment Sales, Service, Travel and Training for Cleveland Metro Area

I realize I'm probably a bit late on this thread, but hereis my .02.

I have delt with most of the diving shops in the area and have finally found Diver's Cove in Twinsburg. Sean Pall is the owner ofthe shop. He is very knowledgeable about diving. He dives regularly both as a Rec diver and a Tech diver. The level of customer service he provides in his shop is fabulous. I don't go anywhere else.

Diver's Cove and Rescue Outfitters - Cleveland Ohio's NAUI SCUBA Diving Center

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom