Looking for Dive Buddy's Near Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For @Caveeagle, I was on the Hammond boat last week on a regular trip (not tech-dedicated), and my buddy brought his Optima along. Keith, the Hammond boat captain, was fine with it.

For everyone else, @Southside and I had two dives on Saturday afternoon, and I enthusiastically recommend him as a dive buddy. His buoyancy control and propulsion skill levels are waaaaay ahead of his experience: in the water, he looks like he has 40/50 dives, not 10. No silting, maintains great buddy distance, highly responsive communicator, and did not laugh at me when I adopted a pet rock to solve an underweighting issue at the end of a dive.

(ETA: trying new undergarments and experimenting to find the appropriate weighting).

For @Caveeagle, I was on the Hammond boat last week on a regular trip (not tech-dedicated), and my buddy brought his Optima along. Keith, the Hammond boat captain, was fine with it.

For everyone else, @Southside and I had two dives on Saturday afternoon, and I enthusiastically recommend him as a dive buddy. His buoyancy control and propulsion skill levels are waaaaay ahead of his experience: in the water, he looks like he has 40/50 dives, not 10. No silting, maintains great buddy distance, highly responsive communicator, and did not laugh at me when I adopted a pet rock to solve an underweighting issue at the end of a dive.

(ETA: trying new undergarments and experimenting to find the appropriate weighting).

Thanks for the kind words about my diving! It was good diving with you and I thought adopting the pet rock was a good way to deal with bouyancy issues!

P.S. to Chicagoans, nobody else signed up, so I booked wrecks for both Saturday AM and PM charters. The AM charters are open to all; Deep Diver certification is needed for the PM charters.

Saturday AM Charter
  • The Illinois/Holly - two wrecks at one site, max depth of ~35 feet.
  • The Inland Steel Barge - a recently rediscovered wreck that's almost big enough to be two. Max depth of ~40 feet.

Saturday PM Charter
  • Mystery Barge, another recently discovered wreck. Max depth of ~70 feet.
  • Scuttled Steamer, yet another recently rediscovered wreck. Max depth of ~70 feet.

So what I'm saying is, we have some new things to see. If you haven't been out on the water since last season, this weekend is your weekend.

BOOK HERE

I’d go, but I’m in the Straits this weekend! :)

Oooooooooh @Schwob..... this is your summons to the boat this weekend.
I hear you loud and clear, and appreciate the thought and "ring", but unfortunately am tied up with family and home commitments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom