Looking for Dive Buddy's Near Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have mentioned, Haigh and Double Action are the best games in town right now for us. There are lots and lots of wrecks to see in the lake. :)

I myself live on the North side in Wrigleyville. I would be happy to go diving with you though.

I'm mostly going to be doing charters in May and June, but would be happy to dive with you in July/August (moving to Seattle at the end of the month).

And that I means you’ll likely be diving with me and a few other local folks! Rosa and I are regular buddies. Was planning on lots of quarry dives the later half of the summer for practice, anyway.

As others have mentioned, Haigh and Double Action are the best games in town right now for us. There are lots and lots of wrecks to see in the lake. :)

I myself live on the North side in Wrigleyville. I would be happy to go diving with you though.

For the shallow wrecks on the south end of the lake, Double Action is the only show in town now. The other guy retired.

I’m also thinking about some Chicago are diving in August. I fly in for work all the time and want to drag my O2ptima up for some wreck diving if I can line it up.

I’m also thinking about some Chicago are diving in August. I fly in for work all the time and want to drag my O2ptima up for some wreck diving if I can line it up.

If you’re looking for deep diving, there’s the Thomas Hume at 145ft, but the boat only goes out to her a couple of times a month. Otherwise, head up to Milwaukee. Suggest the Milwaukee Carferry and the Willie. Stuff down south is shallow - 60ft and under.

You’ll want Alma, the Double Action/DRIS Milwaukee boat. There are specific charters that are geared for tech. Otherwise, unless a group has specifically arranged for it, dives are recreational for wrecks 130ft and under.

If you’re looking for deep diving, there’s the Thomas Hume at 145ft, but the boat only goes out to her a couple of times a month. Otherwise, head up to Milwaukee. Suggest the Milwaukee Carferry and the Willie. Stuff down south is shallow - 60ft and under.

You’ll want Alma, the Double Action/DRIS Milwaukee boat. There are specific charters that are geared for tech. Otherwise, unless a group has specifically arranged for it, dives are recreational for wrecks 130ft and under.

That’s good info! My son lives in Milwaukee anyway, so that would be an easy transition from my work/office time.

Above 130 is just fine for my first exposure to Lake Michigan. I’m a big baby when it comes to cold water. Hahah. I guess I’m spoiled by the local 71* water. :)

Any idea if Double Action is ok with diving CCR w a bail-out stage on a rec trip?

That’s good info! My son lives in Milwaukee anyway, so that would be an easy transition from my work/office time.

Above 130 is just fine for my first exposure to Lake Michigan. I’m a big baby when it comes to cold water. Hahah. I guess I’m spoiled by the local 71* water. :)

Any idea if Double Action is ok with diving CCR w a bail-out stage on a rec trip?

Just email and ask!

Double action is accommodating in that regard. Reach out to Captain Bob Larson via DA or his FB page Capt'n Bob Larson if you want to double check. He's active in the local tech scene.

Sounds like some good diving coming up...maybe I'll jump in on this wreck diving in cold water again. :thumb:

Sounds like some good diving coming up...maybe I'll jump in on this wreck diving in cold water again. :thumb:

It’s effing awesome.

I’m on the Alma tomorrow and the Hammond boat Sunday, as long as the weather holds. A couple weeks ago the bottom temp was 39, I’m told. Looking forward to it! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom