Looking for DFW area buddy for Travis trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits:
We will be at the dam.. we've got a Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab.. I'm kind of color blind so I'd call it greyish... We'll probably try to be near some picnic tables around the courtesy lift. We'll have a bunch of tubs that look like this:

8031.jpg

Rick & I will be in doubles so we should be pretty easy to spot. I'll PM my cell phone #.

Got your PM and replied.

Just stand up on their cooler and dance, Alan... they'll know which one you are. :wink:

Foo

p.s. Yall have fun, sounds like a blast. I shall be carving pumpkins underwater at Tyler State Park on Sat., followed by a chili cookoff, pumpkin decorating and trick or treating for the kids in the park.

Foo:
Just stand up on their cooler and dance, Alan... they'll know which one you are. :wink:

I don't think she's ever going to let you live that one down, Alan...LOL :laughing:

Which reminds me -- anyone interested in having a Swampers Christmas party here in Arlington in December?

(Hijack complete -- we now return you to your regular programming)

ScubaTexan:
I don't think she's ever going to let you live that one down, Alan...LOL :laughing:

I will always be haunted be that 5 minutes on the 'chair'!!!!

FIXXERVI6:
I'll be the shorter better looking one in white doubles :)

Well, that cave arrow does look short but I don't usually consider plastic a gender based material. Something you want to tell us?

I know why you have white doubles- hehehehe easier to find you in a siltout. :D

OK, I am putting on the my flame suit!

Andrew

Crazyduck:
Well, that cave arrow does look short but I don't usually consider plastic a gender based material. Something you want to tell us?

I know why you have white doubles- hehehehe easier to find you in a siltout. :D

OK, I am putting on the my flame suit!

Andrew

Rand is just really tall! I'm not short, just shor TER

At least my tanks are not pink, they would be that dull zinc color but the price was right!

I used a set of doubles once that one tank was yellow and other was green. Man, people would not leave me alone about those doubles. I had all the jokes.

Oh, I agree Rand is a bit on the taller side.

Later, Andrew

FIXXERVI6:
Rand is just really tall! I'm not short, just shor TER

At least my tanks are not pink, they would be that dull zinc color but the price was right!

loosebits:
I haven't had to change my seals yet.. my suit's 2 years old and they are starting to look a little dry, I'm thinking I'll get another year on them. I'm sure Tucker's Dive Shop in Grand Prairie could do it.

http://www.gamblescuba.com/

texdiveguy:
Yep, I know there are places all over FL that can do it... dive shop was trying to push zip seals on a friend of mine saying "well, what happens when you're in cave country and your seals go"... I'm thinking running to any one of 20 places down there that replace seals and you lose a whole day of diving... of course, you could probably get a loaner or rental suit also so you wouldn't even miss that.

loosebits:
Yep, I know there are places all over FL that can do it... dive shop was trying to push zip seals on a friend of mine saying "well, what happens when you're in cave country and your seals go"... I'm thinking running to any one of 20 places down there that replace seals and you lose a whole day of diving... of course, you could probably get a loaner or rental suit also so you wouldn't even miss that.

Have a few dive buddies that used this shop...good results.

Back
Top Bottom