Looking for DFW area buddy for Travis trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits:
Fri - Sun @ the Dam... works for me... get to use the courtesy lift (man, I drool everytime I see the sign for that thing).

Who's in? Hopefully we'll have some people of various experience levels so everyone can dive happy profiles but I certainly don't mind diving a 40' profile for a couple of dives if we have some newer divers with us.

Pencil me 'IN' for a day trip down to join you guys either on Sat/Sun,,,,as we get closer to the date I can let you know...I to can dive any profile, not a problem. Alan

texdiveguy:
Pencil me 'IN' for a day trip down to join you guys either on Sat/Sun,,,,as we get closer to the date I can let you know...I to can dive any profile, not a problem. Alan

Be better if you can meet us Sat. I know Rick and I will probably be headed out early Sunday. Get a morning dive in then load up and head back to DFW.

loosebits:
Be better if you can meet us Sat. I know Rick and I will probably be headed out early Sunday. Get a morning dive in then load up and head back to DFW.

In all likelihood it will work for Sat..

Holy Heck Dearman! Sounds wack! I hooe you get it functional...Winter is a coming. .

loosebits:
We have a group of 3 that heads down to Travis usually every other weekend. We are looking for a 4th to share the gas cost and to buddy up with a newer diver (< 20 dives). QUOTE]

Loosebits,

I'm not in the immediate area unfortunately but I'm very interested in joining you guys at Travis. I don't mind making the trip from Houston. I can be a regular on the 2nd and 4th weekends of every month. At the moment, I'm in Qatar but should be back in December. I can give you a jingle when I return. I dive closer to DIR methods and am also very efficient on gas.

Richard

I checked the schedule last night and it looks like I'm in. I'd rather carpool or caravan if possible and I'll need a buddy. I'd like to get a few 100+ ft dives since I can't get those depths at CSSP. Other than the dives mentioned above, any profile will be fine.

Ok, got room for one more diver on the truck... anyone want to come along? PM if interested, probably be meeting in Watauga between 4 & 6:30 (PM) Friday.

loosebits:
Ok, got room for one more diver on the truck... anyone want to come along? PM if interested, probably be meeting in Watauga between 4 & 6:30 (PM) Friday.

I will not be there till Sat. around 10amish.....what would be a meeting spot and whom/what to look for??

texdiveguy:
I will not be there till Sat. around 10amish.....what would be a meeting spot and whom/what to look for??
We will be at the dam.. we've got a Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab.. I'm kind of color blind so I'd call it greyish... We'll probably try to be near some picnic tables around the courtesy lift. We'll have a bunch of tubs that look like this:

8031.jpg

Rick & I will be in doubles so we should be pretty easy to spot. I'll PM my cell phone #.

loosebits:
We will be at the dam.. we've got a Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab.. I'm kind of color blind so I'd call it greyish... We'll probably try to be near some picnic tables around the courtesy lift. We'll have a bunch of tubs that look like this:

8031.jpg

Rick & I will be in doubles so we should be pretty easy to spot. I'll PM my cell phone #.

I'll be the shorter better looking one in white doubles :)

Back
Top Bottom