Looking for DFW area buddy for Travis trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits:
...Tuckers has a cavern/intro class starting up real soon if you'd like to come out to FL and see some real cool stuff..

I plan on building up some dives and then taking Advanced nitrox/decompression and extended range as a package. Wreck diving interests me most but I'd like to try out cave as well.

I tend to run with Lonestarscuba. They have been good to me and will always have a big piece of my business but I don't mind working with another shop from time to time. If we dive together, I'll have to ask you alot about the cavern class.

Hey Dearman, what kind of drysuit do you have? I replaced some Mobby's wrist seals last year and they were a pain in the butt. I had to pick off all fo the glue and then put the new ones on. It took forever! Have you thought about cuff rings? Make it really easy to change the seals. I am getting cuff rings installed this year ( my Bare suit) and will start wearing dry gloves.

If your interested in Cave take cavern and intro together

Loosebits - no comment.

DUDE! :D
I am not allowed to drool on the keyboard at work without the plastic cover on.
So please go easy on talking about Florida- drool :shocked: . Clear warm water, incredible vis., getting to actually use dive gear. Man…..visions of grandeur; Banked Nitrox, Banked Trimix, rent-a-rama, rebreathers- its like Christmas underwater.

I need to get my issues for my sidemount tanks worked out. If you don’t mind an old man diving at Travis add me to the mix. I need some time in cool water.

Has Bruce posted information on Florida yet-?
Man, where is that plastic cover? …

Andrew

loosebits:
Well, fixxervi6 and I are both intro certified... we are heading out to FL with Tucker's Dive Shop in Nov for some diving. We plan on taking the next two classes in March. That ought to be fun :)

Tuckers has a cavern/intro class starting up real soon if you'd like to come out to FL and see some real cool stuff.. cavern is probably the best class out there for improving your diving technique and intro is just plain fun. The cool thing is you can sign up for cavern and do the classroom/pool work and if you like it once you are out in FL, you can go ahead and do intro as its just more diving and running around a bunch of trees with your eyes closed and looking like a moron while people video tape you, right Rick? hehe

Crazyduck:
DUDE! :D
I am not allowed to drool on the keyboard at work without the plastic cover on.
So please go easy on talking about Florida- drool :shocked: . Clear warm water, incredible vis., getting to actually use dive gear. Man…..visions of grandeur; Banked Nitrox, Banked Trimix, rent-a-rama, rebreathers- its like Christmas underwater.

I need to get my issues for my sidemount tanks worked out. If you don’t mind an old man diving at Travis add me to the mix. I need some time in cool water.

Has Bruce posted information on Florida yet-?
Man, where is that plastic cover? …

Andrew
Yep, Nov 19th - 26th... cannot wait... I am going to have a great Nov, a week in Cortez then a week in FL less than 2 weeks later.

Debraw:
Hey Dearman, what kind of drysuit do you have? I replaced some Mobby's wrist seals last year and they were a pain in the butt. I had to pick off all fo the glue and then put the new ones on. It took forever! Have you thought about cuff rings? Make it really easy to change the seals. I am getting cuff rings installed this year ( my Bare suit) and will start wearing dry gloves.

I probably shouldn't pull off subject too much but it is a funny tale:wink: I work in composites and adhesives, so I think to myself, "I can do this!" Typical engineer's folly. I replaced the wrist seals and both are pretty sloppy looking but I think they are sound for use. I was planning on checking this week. For the neck seal, I used a new local supplied adhesive (my other stuff all came from the UK). The new stuff bonds almost instantly. Well, they weren't kidding. It bonded almost instantly. I was having trouble getting the suit flat and the seal without folds when I knocked over a can of paint for the house. Paint goes everywhere and I go into freak out and then clean it off mode. When I get back to the suit I have multiple folds now permanently bonded. I can probably seal them off with strips of rubber, but it will never be right. The boots are the one place I splurged so I've been afraid to try to bond them although I bet from my experiences I can do a professional job there (engineers folly again). I'm reluctantly looking at sending the whole thing out for a new neck seal and the boots. I can also look at new valves then. These are operational but they must have been designed during the time of the dinosaurs. I'll make the call this week.

well the thread is cooking let just plan the dam weekend of the 22nd and make reservations.

Seals..... two of our dive staff from our shop rec. had drysuit work done in the past month....it was completed in Fl. in about a weeks time,,,,,nice job. I can get the info. if you PM me your interest. Course I don't have that problem....my suit is brand spankin new!

FIXXERVI6:
well the thread is cooking let just plan the dam weekend of the 22nd and make reservations.

Fri - Sun @ the Dam... works for me... get to use the courtesy lift (man, I drool everytime I see the sign for that thing).

Who's in? Hopefully we'll have some people of various experience levels so everyone can dive happy profiles but I certainly don't mind diving a 40' profile for a couple of dives if we have some newer divers with us.

Ike might be in he has to check his calender.

Crazyduck, might be a good time for a northern texas cave divers meet or hybrid meet or something, right location and good time of year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom