Looking for DC that shows group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oheyman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm hoping someone can save me time. I've Googled this with no luck. Is there a dive computer that shows dive buddies' locations? Lets you communicate? Shows the boat location? Price isn't an issue. Thanks in advance.

Check it the Liquivision Lynx. It will indicate direction of buddies and the boat, as well as buddy's air pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OTS Buddy Phones are about all you're going to get. No DC is big enough to have enough battery capacity to support communications equipment, or physically house them.

Sea Bear T1 Tactical has nav options but it's a tow behind GPS buoy so no diver to diver communication. Buddy Phones require you to both have full face masks and aren't cheap, almost $2k new each with comm systems and they suck air pretty hard, you can have just the receivers and have a base station on the boat.

Underwater communications are very complicated and due to range restrictions it's hard enough to get computers to communicate with the wireless transmitters on the first stage to your wrist, getting diver to diver comms is just not something that's going to be affordable or portable. I have seen/worked with these types of equipment, but they are all military restricted and you don't want to see the price tags...

The Lynx works well though, just no communication ability, it can do directional pinging which is nice, and can receive messages from the boat if it has the boat sender. Don't see many in use though, but it's a nifty feature.

Thanks for the responses. On the communications, I was thinking simple things like come here, look at this, emergency with beep etc. I'm not talking voice. One of the things I love about diving is the quiet. The Lynx looks real close to what I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Thanks for the responses. On the communications, I was thinking simple things like come here, look at this, emergency with beep etc. I'm not talking voice.

That's what primary dive lights are for.

Back
Top Bottom