Looking for comments on the Mares Dragonfly BC for women??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen Dancheck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a woman's cut bc. I have tried on the Mares Dragonfly. It fit great! The Mares rep said that she had some trouble with air getting trapped in the back of the bc and having to manually dump the air. Does anyone have any experience with this bc? I was also concidering the Genesis Athena bc.

Thanks
Karen

Karen Dancheck:
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a woman's cut bc. I have tried on the Mares Dragonfly. It fit great! The Mares rep said that she had some trouble with air getting trapped in the back of the bc and having to manually dump the air. Does anyone have any experience with this bc? I was also concidering the Genesis Athena bc.

Thanks
Karen

Karen,

Mares has discontinued the Dragonfly series BC this year. But if you would like something similar, try the Ariel which is made for women and is very similar but better; lighter. I know lady divers who swear by it. It should also be less expensive than the Dragonfly, unless your LDS is giving you a super close out discount. Try the Ariel and see what you think.

Good luck in your search

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom