Looking for childrens or XS dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

My 10 year old twins just got certified in Roatan. They have tried diving in the Hood Canal and the then 42 degree water was just to cold for them. We would like to find them some dry suits and give it another try. Does anyone have some for sale or know of a resource to try for locating them?

My son is 58 inches tall, and weights 85 lbs. He wears a size mens 4 shoe.

My daughter is 56 inches tall and weighs 78 lbs. She wears a size womens 6 shoe.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Look at Whites Fusion. I'm a DUI dealer, and I'm sure DUI could make suits to fit them, but kids grow, and that means you either compromise fit now, or the kid grows out of the suit next week. The design of the fusion is one of the most forgiving of fit I have ever seen. They fit 95% of people in only 5 sizes. Hell, they almost fit me with a stock suit (I'm 6'2" 310# and have dove nothing but custom suits for 15 years).

Hello!

My 10 year old twins just got certified in Roatan. They have tried diving in the Hood Canal and the then 42 degree water was just to cold for them. We would like to find them some dry suits and give it another try. Does anyone have some for sale or know of a resource to try for locating them?

My son is 58 inches tall, and weights 85 lbs. He wears a size mens 4 shoe.

My daughter is 56 inches tall and weighs 78 lbs. She wears a size womens 6 shoe.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Try the Whites Fusion in the 2XS/XS size. Not only will it fit now, but it will allow for years of growth.

Have you priced drysuits yet?

While the tri-lam suits from Whites or DUI are great suits (I have a Whites 360) they are prety expensive for a child that is going to grow out of it. Like $2000+

You may want to consider a much more economical neopreen drysuit to get them started instead. You can get fairly decent ones for under $1000

Thank you all for your help. I have checked out DUI they make the suits for the Monterey Aquarium Discover Scuba program. They are VERY expensive, so are the Whites suits and any new or custom suits. If I were wealthy I would get them custom Bare HD Pro Dry Tri Lam suits. I love my Bare suit.

I have been contacted by a couple of folks who have used suits that they are interested in selling and I am very hopeful that something will work out on that end. So if you have a used dry suit that would fit a child or small adult please let me know.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions. This board was a fantastic help.

I feel your pain. My daughter got certified last March in Hood Canal (42 degrees on the surface) in 2 layers of 7mm Neo and was still freezing. The big problem with kids and drysuits seems to be getting a good fit on the neck seal. I have had to modify the neoprene seal on my daughter's kayaking drysuit so she doesn't get leakage. If you find a good option that actually fits, please post it. I'd certainly be interested.

Back
Top Bottom