Looking for cheap/value accomodation in Playa in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I will be staying with my family in an all inclusive hotel for 6 nights, but everyone is taking off on a friday, and I thought "why not stay 2 more nights somewhere cheaper by myself?"

I imagine there are hostels or cheap hotels in the area. Maybe some place even targeted to divers.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

just walk up 5th ave and pick your poison... tons of hotels on either side of the avenue(beach and town)... just stop by a few front desks and haggle...
that's what i did early november; $60 cash one night...

Hi,
I will be staying with my family in an all inclusive hotel for 6 nights, but everyone is taking off on a friday, and I thought "why not stay 2 more nights somewhere cheaper by myself?"

I imagine there are hostels or cheap hotels in the area. Maybe some place even targeted to divers.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

I would suggest to check out The Happy Gecko on 10th Ave and 6th St or Playa Hostel on 15th Ave and 6th St. Both of those are very reasonable priced and two of the nicer hostels in town. For hotels I would suggest Hotel Cielo (they might be booked, but very nice hotel) located on 5th ave and 4th st. Good luck!

Thanks Geo,
I will be getting in touch to schedule some dives with you guys.

We just got home from a trip to Playa and Coz. Hotel Cielo in Playa was great...clean, reasonable and located one business (ice cream shop) from 5th. About 65 a night and adorable...
I'll try to finish the download of pics if you're interested...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom