Looking for charter info to double dip Adolph Bush

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone. Taking my crew back to Key Largo for our 8th annual summer trip. I am looking to set up our first dive day for a Looe Key adventure. We have a fully packed schedule. 25 dives already set with my friends at Conch Republic. Man they run a great shop. What I am looking for is any info on double dipping the Adolph Bush. Last year we doubled the Thunderbolt and had a great time with Capt. Hooks. We are looking for a double dip in AM and two reefs in PM. I am aware of Strike Zone and the others. Please tell me about your expeirence diving with them and on the AB. I believe it will be much like the Thunderbolt. Dive experience will not be a factor. We have doubled the SG, Duane, Bibb, Eagle, Thunderbolt, Vandy - all several times. We often double dip in NC. Do you know what nitrox blend these shops use. Most of all, I am looking for the double dip.

Thanks for the help.

I did the Bush with Looe Key Dive last year (and again in two weeks from now), but they only did a single tank followed by two reef dives. They are offering nitrox, but only in the AL80 (not sure on the %). I may see if there is a nearby shop that will rent nitrox in 100s or 120s.

A couple of dive buddies and I dove the Busch last year with Southern Most Diving in Summerland Key. They are willing to do double dips on the Busch, even in the afternoon, and we had a couple of great dives. Conditions were perfect. However, I still can't recommend them. They require payment in advance and their refund policy is questionable. For example, we wanted nitrox and paid for it in advance, but when we arrived at the shop the tanks analyzed at 24-38%. He said that it was an analyzer problem and the tanks were good to go, but we weren't about to take that risk. He said he would refund our nitrox cost, but never did. He also has a mandatory gratuity policy and told one of my dive buddies, he'd charge our credit cards for the gratuity if we didn't give one. I'm all for tipping dive crew, but if it's mandatory, it isn't a gratuity. He also seems to have issues with his boat's moters. One of the outboards was having issues for our trip and according to other reviews, it wasn't an uncommon occurence.

yea, doesn't sound like I am going to be going with them. I have a serious bunch of guys that want no bull. We will give tips, if you have your business in order. ME putting 5 persons on a boat is a sizeable payday for a small business, it should be worth it. Thanks for the reply.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom