Looking for an SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive&Ski

Reaction score
I need to buy a SMB and I've done a little bit of research and I think I want one that I can inflate with my second stage exhaust. Anyone have a recommendation on a SMB that can be inflated this way?

Look into the one made by Dan. It is big but can be inflated oral, low pressure inflator hose or octo. Scubatoys did have a good price on them a while back.

I use this one!

In some parts of the world, yellow is used to signal distress, so the combination red/yellow bag would be the equivalent of a traffic light that had both green and red showing.

Carter makes nice bags. If you plan on sending it up while underwater, make sure it has an overpressure relief valve to keep it from rupturing, and a 1 way valve on the bottom to keep it from deflating if it flops over on it's side on the surface.

Terry

I have a DAN one for my wife and it is 6ft it comes with everything you need. It is a very good unit. It was 70 bucks with free shipping. https://www.scubagearplus.com/default.asp

I carry a carter50 and it is 10ft by 6 inches, you can use your octo to inflate it, it also serves as a lift bag. You will have to get a brass hook, it does not come with hooks. But if you want a monster smb, highland mills has a 10ftx1ft unit that divesports.com sells. It is huge.

i have the same one and i bought mine with the reel and pouch so its attached to my bpw all the time now

In some parts of the world, .....
england i believe plus technical diving but for rec diving the 2 tone is acceptable and more visable in different levels of light. if in doubt, always mention it to the dive operator and crew before entering the water but ive never had a issue with it and ive travelled a fair bit with it

cheers

Thanks for the recommendations. I don't have much experience with these. What is the different between an open, semi-open, or closed circuit? Which one is the DAN SMB? Does anyone have any experience with the XS Scuba SMB? Thanks.

I use this one as well. I don't think you will find anything better for the money. The alternating colors are good as mentioned for different lighting conditions. I use this bag for spearfishing as well and use it to send bigger fish to the surface for the guys on the boat to deal with. (Or little fish when the sharks show up.)

the dan one can be inflated in 3 ways, with the octo, with your lp bc hose, or you can oral inflate it, it has an overpressure valve. The scuba xs one you can inflate with your octo it has an overpressure valve also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom