Looking for an Aqua Lung Hawaii 4 mask buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenhmiller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The left side buckle on my Aqua Lung Hawaii 4 mask broke. I can't seem to find a replacement. I've called Aqua Lung but they don't return calls or emails. I've searched the internet, ebay and FB marketplace.

The mask has prescription lenses in it, so it would be expensive to replace. Plus, this mask fits me extremely well. From what I can determine, a Hawaii 3 buckle is the same as the Hawaii 4.

Anyone that can assist, this would be immensely appreciated!

Maybe try buying a used Hawaii 3/4 mask to use for spare parts. The interwebs may have one for you somewhere.

You could try to get a 3D printed part.

I received no support what so ever from Aqualung when I was trying to replace a broken ankle strap on a pair of Aqualung fins that had been used less than 20 times. I went to my local Scuba Pro dealer and they found me a part ( not Aqualung) that worked. You might see if your local dive shop can help you out.

I received no support what so ever from Aqualung when I was trying to replace a broken ankle strap on a pair of Aqualung fins that had been used less than 20 times. I went to my local Scuba Pro dealer and they found me a part ( not Aqualung) that worked. You might see if your local dive shop can help you out.
Yeah... it's been my experience that Aqualung really does not like to sell parts. When I was actively teaching a few years ago, I was wearing all AL gear, purchased by the special deal the company gives instructors. I was essentially an AL billboard, advertising to all of my students (and it's amazing how effective that is for selling AL gear.) I had a similar problem with my AL mask, just needed to replace a simple part. They told me they don't do that.

I'm guessing if they won't do it for an instructor that's actively promoting their gear, they probably don't do it for anyone. (So I didn't take it personally... I took it as a lesson about their customer service policy.)

Yeah... it's been my experience that Aqualung really does not like to sell parts. When I was actively teaching a few years ago, I was wearing all AL gear, purchased by the special deal the company gives instructors. I was essentially an AL billboard, advertising to all of my students (and it's amazing how effective that is for selling AL gear.) I had a similar problem with my AL mask, just needed to replace a simple part. They told me they don't do that.

I'm guessing if they won't do it for an instructor that's actively promoting their gear, they probably don't do it for anyone. (So I didn't take it personally... I took it as a lesson about their customer service policy.)
After my experience, I will never purchase an Aqua Lung product again.

Back
Top Bottom