Looking for an Altitude cert class for Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelingGeek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I'm traveling through Santa Rosa this summer and would like to do our Altitude cert dive at Blue Hole. We'll have three PADI OW divers and one NAUI OW diver.

Two questions... any suggestion on dive shops and is it possible to accommodate both PADI and NAUI at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

Since you said cert dive (singular), I’m uncertain what you intend.

Assuming you meant dives (plural) and you want the PADI Altitude specialty, then it takes 2 dives. The prerequisite is either PADI Open Water, or “a qualifying certification from another training organization”. NAUI is fine.
Don’t forget to also consider the academic training necessary.

If you meant dive (singular) and you want the single dive that counts toward the PADI Adventure or Advanced Diver, I am uncertain how or if this would translate toward a NAUI certification.

There are many dive shops who frequently visit Blue Hole, mostly on weekends. You might find it worthwhile to visit their various websites to see if their schedules and yours are compatible; then contact the shop(s).

A few (but certainly nowhere near all) shops:

A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center | Colorado's Ultimate Scuba Store! | Littleton, Colorado 80110
Boulder SCUBA Shop | Boulder Dive Shop | Ocean Fir
Home - Scuba Diving in Colorado Springs - Underwater Connection - Colorado Springs #1 Scuba Diving Shop

There are a lot more. Presumably others will post their favorites.

This is a slight hijack, but I am in Colorado and hoping to complete AOW at the Blue Hole this summer, so basically would like similar recommendations, i.e., a particular instructor that is highly recommended and does PADI AOW at the Blue Hole sometime over the summer. Thanks!

Private message me. I am an PADI instructor and I go to blue hole often. I might be able to get you some good info on what you need. Both for altitude and advance open water.

I can help as well. I will be teaching some classes at both the Blue Hole and nearby Rock Lake over the next few months.

I would say John is a good guy to get in touch with... he has high standards :)

You need high standards to teach altitude--har! har! har!

Right now I plan to be at the Blue Hole and Rock lake the weekend of April 27. I am not sure of the exact days. I hope to be teaching a variety of certs--altitude would be an easy one to add t the list. I am actually hoping to put together a group of divers, so you would be very welcome.

And Justin, my scooter is coming back int eh mail as I wrote--fully reconditioned. I have much to tell you ab out it.

I really enjoyed the heck out of your scooter last time :) I didn't expect to like it but it was undeniable :) FUN!

I took an overhead environment DPV class with Edd Sorenson in March, and I discovered that it did not have the RPMs it should have--by far. It was, in a word, a wimp. I sent it in, and they exchanged the speed board with a new, state of the art board. It is still in the mail, but I am expecting it to fly. Come on by that weekend and I may give you a shot.

P.S. Bring those 100 doubles if you are still thinking of selling them I might be interested.

Might.

I don't plan on diving altitude often but with family in ABQ, NM I'm sure I'll eventually end up at the Blue Hole.

So other then reading the 20 pages in the adventure manual, acclimating to 5000' while in NM, doing extra slow ascents (as always) and setting my dive computer to the correct mode..... is there really anything else I need to know for a single dive?

Back
Top Bottom