Looking for an All-Inclusive in the Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're talking about an all inclusive like you would go to on Cozumel, where food, drinks and diving are all included, there isn't one that I know of.

Cobalt Coast now offers an AI option since being purchased by new owners. Not a bad idea since they're 20 minutes drive from anything. All Inclusive Packages
If you're planning to go soon, there's a higher likelihood that shorediving - even some North Wall boat diving gets blown out in the winter. They do move the boats/shuttle you for boat diving. When DiveTech had the dive operation that was done fairly frequently - around the dock it's pretty shallow for their bigger boats. IDK how Reef Divers is handling that now. I'm reliably certain Reef Divers is only offering two boat dives per day plus shore diving though.

Sunset House is a semi-AI. They include breakfast with their dive packages - have a bar/grill on-site as a 2nd paid lunch option and are walking distance to Georgetown for dinner options besides their restaurant. Dive Packages - Sunset House - George Town - Cayman Islands Also typically 2 boat dives per day but you can do about 3 different shore dives there. Plus they offer their specialty dives - the Kittiwake, Stingray City etc. most afternoons. Most of the 2-tank boat operators in town do also - Kittiwake has appts., SRC generally has 2-3 other boats coming/going. Once you do the dive and surface the rays move on to the next approaching boat.

We like Sunset House enough that we had lunch then afternoon dove there. The Mermaid statue is a photo option, there's a small landing craft wreck straight out - if some of your divers are new they'll like the salt water pool entry and My Bar has good food. Cathy Church has a store/photo gallery there also - she's in the WDHOF and will autograph prints purchased if asked. Regular pool there also but no beach - the whole resort is on ironshore. So is Cobalt Coast - they spread sand on top of the ironshore but you'll need thick boots to get to the water.

The Reef Resort on the East End is a full AI resort All-Inclusive Vacation Packages : Wyndham Reef Resort, Grand Cayman It would almost have to be since there's not much else there. And that's a 45minute drive back to Georgetown for most other things - there's about 7? resturants, one food store and 3 dive operators in the East End.

Compass Point Condos/Ocean Frontiers share a facility but Eagle Rays on-site is a pool bar with a slightly expanded menu. Even their website suggests other off-property dinner options. I only mention it since you can get a stay/dive/breakfast package there. Winter Rates My buddy dove with OF and thought highly of them. I believe they do 3 maybe 4 daily dives.

Farther NE Morrritt's/Tortuga Divers is similar. I don't know any details except it's also a timeshare condo resort.

If you're all pretty good friends you can save a lot on Cayman by sharing condos on Seven Mile Beach also. Some have on-site food or it's right behind the resort along West Bay Road - either the hotel resort restaurants or there's also other restaurants - either beachfront - or on the Sound. At night after the cruisers leave Georgetown is pretty pleasant also with good restaurants - Guy Harvey's Grille is one. There's also a Margaritaville across from the cruise port. Either walkable from Sunset House also.

No shore diving off 7MB but the dive operators pick up daily with shuttle vans and transport you to nearby boats. It works pretty well - ours even dropped us for lunch first daily since we were also afternoon diving with them and others weren't. Some operators also offer 2 tank PM dives.

It's not AI but one of the more affordable options is Comfort Suites. Some rooms have kitchens, there's a restaurant on-site and Ambassador Divers is based there. Not beachfront but 50 yards down a path to 7MB. Sunshine Suites is equally reasonable since they're across the street from the beach. I believe there's a dive op there also. Both are going to shuttle/have you meet at the boat since neither is waterfront.

Last edited:
CC limits to 5 drinks a day? What's the point in doing it as an AI then? :wink: Nice to know there are now two options. The Reef dropped there's for a while which made for 0 options before CC changed hands.

Thanks!

Does it have to be Grand Cayman? The diving is better (IMO) at the Cayman Brac Reef Resort and even better still at the Little Cayman Beach Resort. These are all-inclusive resorts on the Cayman sister islands. The food is buffet but excellent, the resorts are clean and very nice, comfortable places to stay, and the Reef Divers op is great and offers true valet diving. They offer 3 boat dives per day with the option for some night dives. Some of the packages include drinks.

The Cayman Brac Beach Resort just reopened after major renovations including a new freeform infinity pool and a multi-level beach bar.

The Cobalt Coast resort on Grand Cayman was just purchased (Dec 1) by the same organization that owns CBBR and LCBR and the same dive op (Reef Divers) is now serving the resort. It is difficult to say what that resort will be like until the new owners settle in but I understand that they will be offering 2 boats dives per day plus unlimited shore dives (when the weather is good).

There are more attractions and things to do on Grand Cayman but you will probably need a car to enjoy them for at least part of the time if you stay at Cobalt Coast (or the Reef Resort) because they are at opposite ends of the island but both are far off the beaten path.

On Cayman Brac and Little Cayman there is not much to do off-campus and we only rent a car for a day when we are on the sister islands.

+1 on LCBR or CBBR if you don't have non-divers with you.

I am looking for an All Inclusive resort to take about 10 divers, Any recommendations

Thanks,
Thom

Are you committed to Grand Cayman? Does it have to be AI? How much diving do you want to do? Are there non-divers that need a beach and other things to do?

Cobalt Coast has actually had AI for quite a long time, the drinks option was added somewhat more recently. My son and I did it twice, the food was quite good with a buffet breakfast and lunch and dinner off the menu. The lunch was easy and good after coming in from the AM dives and before afternoon diving. They saved dinner for us when we told them we were going for night dives. There is not much info concerning the new dive operator, Reef Divers. It sure looks like just 2 AM boat dives like Divetech used to do. Shore diving will be limited to the resort, we were unable to shore dive at the resort on one of our two trips due to conditions. Of course, if you have cars, you can shore dive at Lighthouse Point or Turtle Reef at extra cost. On both our visits, we did several afternoon boat dives with other operators. Doing these with Divetech from Lighthouse Point would be very quick and easy. There's really no beach or other things to do at Cobalt Coast but Seven Mile Beach and other attractions are a short drive away.

If is doesn't have to be AI, but easy, others have already mentioned Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers. This is my favorite on Grand Cayman. 2 tank AM included in package, 2 tank PM and a couple of night dives available for extra. OF is a fabulous operator. Full kitchens in all rooms, restaurant on site, several other restaurants very close, car included in package, as requisite. This is quite remote from Georgetown and SMB, not great for non-divers.

I have never been to Cayman Brac but have been to LCBR twice. This is a great place for divers, probably not so much for non-divers. Reef Divers do 3 dives per day here, wish they did 4, and a couple of night dives per week. The AI is good, often with 2 drinks per day, Brian is complaining about CCs limit of 5!

Good diving, Craig

Thanks for all the info. We won't have any non-divers. Have a timeshare in Cozumel, so we have been there many times. Just looking for something different. Really like the AI, because I heard that food restaurants are really expensive. It seems like the Little Cayman Beach Resort has the best reviews here. Going to start looking into there.

Thanks Again,
Thom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom