Looking for advise on gear choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have alot of DiveRite gear , there C.S. has been excellent. I did some of my cave training with Lamar 15 years ago so I give him some of my $$$ now and then. Not all backplates are the same so shop around. The size(lift) of your wings will need to be matched to your doubles and stages, you'll probably end up with several sizes to properly configure your gear for the dive. Get doubles a soon as you can and start diving them as much as you can. If your instructor doesn't have you wearing them in the beginning dive a single tank until he says use your doubles. In the mean time set up your harness and BP so you get use to it and know where everything attaches and use a single tank adaptor for your begining classes. Lights -shop around alot- I vote for Nimh batteries and HID pay attention to what it takes to charge batteries, how long to charge, spare batteries, changing light bulbs etc.. If you have only one Primary light and it's not charged up or you can't replace the bulb your not going diving- Although my lights aren't typical "cave" lights they work great I use Nightrider lights. I have used them 300' deep and they have never failed ,10w HID and 4 hour burn time, wetconnect cords, easy and fast to charge. I keep 2 battery packs and 3 light heads in my "kit" I don't have problems with my Primary lights!!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom