looking for a new reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beaver divers how do I get ahold of you. Interested in the g250v with the mk25 in DIN

Living in Miami, I don't dive cold but you may want to do some searching. My understanding is the MK-17 is a better cold water reg than the MK-25.

You can always send beaver a private message. It is kind of like Scubaboard email.

Living in Miami, I don't dive cold but you may want to do some searching. My understanding is the MK-17 is a better cold water reg than the MK-25.

You can always send beaver a private message. It is kind of like Scubaboard email.

Same here in Naples but its nice to have that flexibility to dive cold if I ever decide too or move. It makes more since to me to give yourself the option and not limit yourself to warm water gear IMHO.

Know the difference between Piston and diaphragm regs. With the exception of sherwood piston regulators can not have a true environmental seal without packing it with cristolube, wich is pricey and a headach for tecnicians. Diaphragm regs with an environmental seal would be your bet bet. If you are dead set on scuba pro I'd go mk17 over mk25, but there are les expensive alternatives that perform just as well. As mentioned Hog and edge are good regs and the best bang for your buck. Hollis, Oceanic, Aeris, Zeagle, Dive Rite, Mares, and Aqua Lung, all have environmentaly sealed diaphragm regs and all have free parts kits for life through authorized dealers. So do your research and don't simply listen to someone telling you whats best.

With the exception of sherwood piston regulators can not have a true environmental seal without packing it with cristolube, wich is pricey and a headach for tecnicians

:vomit:

I hate it when people do that. It's not a substitute for proper coldwater practices, and it's just plain gross.

Beaver divers how do I get ahold of you. Interested in the g250v with the mk25 in DIN
I'm sure that you will love your new Scubapro MK25 DIN/G250V.

Thanks for supporting a SCUBAboard Business Sponsor!

Back
Top Bottom