Looking for a Kona shore dive buddy. Here Nov 1- 29th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just arrived, pretty new diver from Vancouver Island (20 dives). Looking for someone to do some easy shore dives with (10-50 feet- 2 Step or ?). Have snorkeled on the Big Island lots over the past few years, but this will be the first time with a tank. Have all the gear (except tank) and don't have the $ to do too many boat dives. Ideal person is easy going and safety conscious. Snorkeled with Spinners today at Honaunau :D. Can't wait to blow bubbles!

scottof the forest,

My wife and I live here on the Big Island. We are new to diving as well and are doing shore dives as much as we can, in between work of course. We are planning a dive this Sat 11/10. Easy in/out and good place to snorkel as well. Give me a shout if you get this.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I just saw this today (sunday). We've been in Volcano the past two days doing all things lava related. Back tonight. We're in Kona till the 29th and our daughter arrives on the 20th and wants to dive also. Maybe another time. Scott

OK, we will probably be going again soon. We have a daughter as well, 13 years old, who does not dive yet but snorkels. PM me for contact info and maybe we can get together. Aloha.

HI Scot, this somehow won't let me reply to you, but my husband and I are here in Kona and would love to dive with you next few days. We have 5 more dive days left. tomorrow we want to do Honanau, leave around 10 am. 312 371 7168. or 847-302-3131, lastly, work cell, 847-331-8677.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2012 at 10:28 PM ----------

and tomorrow is Monday, 11/26/12. we have all our gear. hope you can see this reply.

Hi William and Suzanne,

Just saw your post. We're winding down our holiday, but could be talked into doing a shore dive at 2 step tomorrow (Honaunau/Place of Refuge). Great shallow dive spot. Have rented a tank a couple of times and done 'snorkel dives' - solo in 10-15 feet below my wife who's snorkeling directly above. If there's no surge it's an easy/safe in/out and great coral formations. We've snorkeled with spinner there several times over the years including a couple weeks ago. There's a dive shop just before the highway turnoff too for tank rental. Went on a boat dive yesterday with Jack's- amazing! Anyway, our daughter is flying out tonight so we'll be in and out of the condo and being from Canada, can't afford to leave our cell phones on with the roaming charges, but condo # is 322-1673. It's noon now and we'll be out for a couple hours then in until 5ish when we have to head to airport, then home by 7:30 and awake till 9 (we're still on Vancouver Island time- up early, to bed early). Give a call if you want to discuss. Linda (my wife) is game to come and snorkel while we'd dive. I'm only certified to 60 feet and happiest in 20-40 feet- and at 2 step I'm sure there's lots to see. At the deeper end of that scale, being a relatively new diver and 6'5", I usually need to surface after about 45 minutes- longer if we play in the shallows more obviously. Aside from the 'snorkel dives', I've not dived there before, but extensive snorkeling.

Best,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom