Looking for a good marker or paint for BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyway, my topic was absolutly not about WHEN you should lose your weights but if someone had a good paint for a BCD.

Welcome to Scubaboard. Soon, someone will be telling you to ditch your BCD and get a BPW instead in pure black.

Have you tried Trident U-MARK IT Gear Marking Paint? It comes in all kinds of strange colors and is cheap enough that you can reapply it if wears off. I marked my wetsuit three years ago and after 200 dives, it's still visible. After applying the paint, let it set for at least 48 hours. Do not paint thick stripes either. Good luck.

Great ! I'll see where I can find that on my trip in the US this summer ! :)

Great ! I'll see where I can find that on my trip in the US this summer ! :)

It's available at almost EVERY dive store in the USA and on Amazon. Expect to pay about $7 for a small bottle. I would buy a few bottles - you will find interesting and novel ways of marking your stuff and wish that you had more!

I always remove my weight pockets before going back on the boat, I won't destroy my back lifting more weight than necessary.
IF I'm too cold, or feel bad, or God knows what, I wanna have this clip more visible so someone could take them off for me.

Moray says it super weel, I also like when my things looks like my things.
Imagine my surprise when I found my pockets on the boat I work with after been home for two months :D

Anyway, my topic was absolutly not about WHEN you should lose your weights but if someone had a good paint for a BCD.

So then, I can get a nice drawing on it too :) And yeah, it's cheasy, but I really don't care, I love customising things.
I've used non toxic nail polish,sharpies,duck tape

Welcome to Scubaboard. Soon, someone will be telling you to ditch your BCD and get a BPW instead in pure black.

Have you tried Trident U-MARK IT Gear Marking Paint? It comes in all kinds of strange colors and is cheap enough that you can reapply it if wears off. I marked my wetsuit three years ago and after 200 dives, it's still visible. After applying the paint, let it set for at least 48 hours. Do not paint thick stripes either. Good luck.
Will try it

Back
Top Bottom