Looking for a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v--Locke--v

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to get my first drysuit, sometime in the next 9 to 12 months. Im not gonna say that money isnt an option, but I am willing to spend quite a bit to be sure im happy with what I get. I'm thinking up to $2,200. That being said I don't necessarily need to spend that much. I want to be able to dive just about anywhere, including arctic and Scandinavian areas. So far I've had my eyes on the Waterproof Draco. I'm about 5'10 and weight maybe just a hair under 160lbs. I also have very "skinny" wrists.

Any help would be appreciated, there are just so many options.

thanks,
Jeff

You say "skinny wrists"...latex wrist seals.
Drysuits are like suits...every fit is different, try a alot on and make sure the service center is close to home. There are several good articles online that can help you with your decision. Also a custom cut might be an option.
Good Luck

Pinnacle Aquatics makes the Evolution II front entry dry-suit. Really sweet. If you get the Merino undergarment you will be able to dive in some pretty cold water. The seals are nice and thick. I have some pretty thin wrists also. Didnt trim them and they fit real well.

As far as size check out their online sizing chart. It is very good and you should be able to find a size that your weight and height fit into. Pinnacle Aquatics

You can also find a shop near you on the website. The suit should also fall well within your budget. Great, durable, and comfortable suit for the money. They also have a rear entry model that is very nice too and it costs about $200 less.

yeah may 17-18 @ dutch springs seems to suit me well, i know my instructor will be there...

I'll be at Dutch on May 18

Hey D-P-E,
Did you get everything squared away for the DUI weekend?

***Now back to your regularly scheduled thread****

Contact Mike at Dive Right In Scuba. Tell him you want a Fusion, you won't regret it. Serach here for a dozen threads endorsing the suit.

I will be at Dutch for the weekend for the DUI Demo Days. Go to the website and find a local shop that is sponsoring the event and get an advanced ticket for $8 or $13 day of the event.

My wife and I will be camping with a group from Upstate NY, PM if you would like to meet up...

Back
Top Bottom