Looking for a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinnacle Aquatics makes the Evolution II front entry dry-suit. Really sweet. If you get the Merino undergarment you will be able to dive in some pretty cold water. The seals are nice and thick. I have some pretty thin wrists also. Didnt trim them and they fit real well.

As far as size check out their online sizing chart. It is very good and you should be able to find a size that your weight and height fit into. Pinnacle Aquatics

You can also find a shop near you on the website. The suit should also fall well within your budget. Great, durable, and comfortable suit for the money. They also have a rear entry model that is very nice too and it costs about $200 less.

What size boots larger than your shoe size did you go with, if you went that route?
I'm thinking of getting one in the next few months. I can't stand cold water and want to dive year round in local lakes and the Northern Gulf in the winter time. Any drawbacks at all on the suit? The Pinn. Evo 2 is a hot suit right now from what I've heard.

If your looking at the Evo 2, make sure your shop takes the proper measurements. Pinnacle has a Drysuit Measurement form that is easy to fill out, but will ensure you get the best fit :wink:

The EVO2 and the Fusion are our top sellers in drysuits.....2 different suits for different divers
1- Tough as nails with everything at a great price
1- Streamlined and the most comfortable suit you will ever put on

If you have any questions on suits, feel free to give me a call :wink: and we can help you pick the one for YOUR type of diving, present and future

I can't say enough good things about the Fusion. The more I dive mine, the better I like it.

Hey D-P-E,
Did you get everything squared away for the DUI weekend?

***Now back to your regularly scheduled thread****

Well barring any unforseen circumstances I am coming up May 18th. I'm not going to get the drysuit specialty until the DUI demo day in Lake Rawlings in October though.

Well barring any unforseen circumstances I am coming up May 18th. I'm not going to get the drysuit specialty until the DUI demo day in Lake Rawlings in October though.

Doesn't mean you can't try a drysuit at Dutch. They will provide an instructor to dive with you. My wife is not Drysuit certified (and they were aware of it) but she dove one of their drysuits.

Yup that's what I'm going to do. Come up, try out a couple...probably the TLS 350 and TLS 450. Hopefully I won't be floating around feet up...but it could very well end up that way

the TLS 350 and TLS 450. Hopefully I won't be floating around feet up...but it could very well end up that way

Both nice suits. If you can, borrow a pair of ankle weights from NOVA. They will help keep your feet in line :wink: You may find you don't need them as you get more used to the suits, but they are still a nice option to have around.
Hope to see you on the 18th.

What size boots larger than your shoe size did you go with, if you went that route?
I'm thinking of getting one in the next few months. I can't stand cold water and want to dive year round in local lakes and the Northern Gulf in the winter time. Any drawbacks at all on the suit? The Pinn. Evo 2 is a hot suit right now from what I've heard.

I am a size nine shoe and went with a size 10 on the boot and it seemed to work well. My feet dont get cold and I dont wear more than a pair of cotton socks when I dive. You might want to think about that whe you decide.

I have dove with quit a few dry suits and can honestly say I cant find a down side to the suit. Rugged yet still comfortable. Seals are really nice. Much thicker than what I've seen on most any suit. The zipper needed a good waxing when I got it but it really wasnt a problem.

I talked to a DUI rep. at BTS in N.J. last Saturday. He told me that you need to be certified for dry to try their suits.

Back
Top Bottom