Looking for a dive operator in Oahu, HI....any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clawsons

Reaction score
Headed to Hawaii for work. Plan to mix in a little diving. Looking for anyone who has a recommendation for a good dive operator we can use.

We prefer to dive with a dive master.

We will be diving Friday the 12th, Saturday the 13th of February 2010.

Which island(s)?

Edit: Ooops, just saw the thread title.

I've only got experience with one op, Ocean Concepts. Good outfit, will set up all your gear for you, switch tanks between dives, friendly staff, nice boat; sandwiches, fresh pineapple and cookies for between dives. They run the boat out of the west side of the island, so it's a bit of a hike from downtown, but I think they do a Waikiki pickup.

http://www.oceanconcepts.com/

I'll put in a plug for Island Divers Hawaii, out of Hawaii Kai. I have had nothing but fantastic dives with them.

I also dive with Dive Oahu, based out of the Kewahlo Basin, across the street from the Ward Center, near downtown. They are the most convenient dive shop for me, but tend to have a pretty limited site selection. Great for easy or beginner divers, though.

I will put in good recommendations for Ocean Concepts and also Gabe Scotti (scottitheduck here on SB) as I've had very good diving experiences with them.

Peace,
Greg

I will put in good recommendations for Ocean Concepts and also Gabe Scotti (scottitheduck here on SB) as I've had very good diving experiences with them.

Definitely get in touch with Gabe, you won't regret it.

contact Gabe. You will have a very enjoyable experience. On Oahu he is definitely my choice for a reliable, friendly, and all around good dive operator.

Bus

I would also recommend Sean from Reef Pirates, Gabe reccomended him to me…

I've been diving with Reef Pirates and Dive Oahu this week and they were both super. I did a day with Capt Bruce's outfit out in Waianae and while technically they did a good job and the diving was great, I found their divemasters a bit overbearing at times.

Does anybody know Aaron's dive shop? good things? bad things?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom