Looking for a dive operator in Oahu, HI....any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm headed to Oahu next week too. I used to have family that live on the island, but I'm the only one who dives. So... the result is I squeezed in a dive when I could and pretty much hit all the "popular spots". Especially on the West side I've hit the "popular spots" twice.

any suggestions for sites (with a charter) that aren't so "popular"? (and who does them)

How about East side of the island?

Does anybody know Aaron's dive shop? good things? bad things?

Aaron's rocks.

I admit, I work there so I'm biased. But the place still rocks and we have a kick-ass team of some of the best divers on the island.

any suggestions for sites (with a charter) that aren't so "popular"? (and who does them)

How about East side of the island?

East side of the island is tricky unless you have a friend with a boat. You need to get a ways offshore before you hit anything worth diving and conditions can be about as hit or miss as a game of blindfolded, drunken darts.

Less "popular" sites translate mostly into "Inaccessible as hell shore dives," but they are often worth the effort. Some of the shore diving on the south side of the island requires one to be 2 parts mountain-goat, but the payoff is that you've got monk seals and manta rays hanging out there. This time of year you've also got whale-song bouncing off the cliff walls you're diving along. Please do NOT attempt those shore dives for the first time without a guide. The diving itself is pretty easy, but the getting in and out can be a bear.

By charter on the south side: put in a request to go to the Sea Cave. Totally trippy, conditions permitting. On the West side: Airplane Canyon is probably one of the best examples of west side Oahu reef.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom