Looking for a cool spot to dive near Denver Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanpublic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going up there in October (second week).

I have a dry suit and I can handle cold water.
I have a camera and I want to record some cool memories.
I have a little cash and was thinking about doing my Altitude Specialty.

Come on yall tell me what ya got!!!

We are ALL looking for a great spot to dive near Denver! Unfortunately this is the wrong time of the year for the best vis.

We visit several high mountain lakes to dive, and the vis generally ranges from crap to maybe 20'. I have seen better at Turquoise, but it's hit and miss. Right now it might be very good.

If you want an altitude specialty, every shop in Denver does them. I generally use A1, but there are plenty of good shops in the Denver Area.

I agree with Ron, your best bet might be Turquiose, Twin Lakes or Jefferson. All may give you "cool memories" of boulders, rocks, silt and maybe a few fish. :) If you are really lucky the snow will be flying by the time you get here (makes you love your drysuit even more), hopefully only in the mountains.

Let us know if you are going and what location and you may have some buddies

Wendie at A1 is suggesting Grand Lake. What's that like?

I see it's 8400' and it's near a town.

Also, what's the deal with the Aquarium. I hear they don't do dives there during the week. Is there any possibility of an exception?

Back
Top Bottom