Looking for a BC with big pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markbruscke

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking for a BC with big pockets. I like to carry lots of stuff that I don't actually expect to use (e.g., beacon, sausage, extra knife and the like) and I don't like such stuff to be dangling off my equipment; I want it stowed in pockets. SeaQuest's Balance has just 1 big telescoping pocket; their Passport has 2 "large" pockets that are supposed to be "easy access". Anyone familiar with these SeaQuests who might be able to comment on which has more stowage space? I imagine that maybe the Balance has more space; but in one telescoping pocket, whatever is at the bottom is practically inaccessable underwater. If that's the case, maybe the Passport has more ACCESSable space. Anybody have any suggestions for other BC brands and models with large pockets? Anybody have any suggestions for a compact way to add storage to a BC? Thanks, Mark

not sure how it measures up to the two you mentioned, but the oceanic probe has some pretty sizeable pockets. very wide pockets, but they don't protrude from the bc much at all. i've found plenty of storage space w/ mine.

Zeagle Ranger harness has the biggest pockets I know of on a back inflate BC. Nice thing about Zeagle is components are modular so put a different bladder/wing on the harness if you desire.

I use a BP/W and have three differnt pockets made by DeepOutdoors that I can easily attach or remove based on my mission.

You might want to consider a BP/W because its a module system and you can strap as many giant pockets on it as your want....

My Zeagle Ranger has 3 big pockets. I choose not to put much in the two zipper pockets because they are difficult to use underwater... The velcro pocket is easier to use.

Just my thoughts...

DiveMe:
My husband has a SeaQuest Pro QD+ and it has enormous pockets! He could fit a small car in there it seems. :wink:

I'm actually selling a Pro QD. It was purchased in May of 05 and has less than 15 dives on it. The size is a M/L. I think it's posted for $325 and I'll include the pocket mounted knife.

Let me know if you're interested and I can shoot a pic over to you.

booth22:
not sure how it measures up to the two you mentioned, but the oceanic probe has some pretty sizeable pockets. very wide pockets, but they don't protrude from the bc much at all. i've found plenty of storage space w/ mine.

Second the motion. I've tried several traditional BCs, and for me the Probe was a perfect fit. One thing you might consider is the ease of removing and replacing your integrated weight sleeves with those pockets filled with your gear and gas in your BC bladder. Your LDS will help you find the BCD that works for you.

Back
Top Bottom