Question Sew on wetsuit pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I glue pockets on every new wetsuit that I have ever bought.

The wetsuit stretches but the pocket does not. So you have to glue only the vertical edges of the pocket so that the wetsuit can stretch around your thigh.

Here's how you do it:

Put on the wetsuit. Place the pocket where you want it. The pocket should be situated where you can easily reach the bottom of the pocket. Have a friend mark the location of the pocket on the wetsuit using chalk.

Use Aquaseal glue. Run a line of glue about 1-inch wide down one of the vertical edges of the pocket. Press the glued edge of the pocket onto the wetsuit. Put a weight on it and let it dry overnight.

The next day, repeat the gluing process on the other vertical edge of the pocket.

Aquaseal is so strong that you'll never be able to remove the pocket unless you cut it off.

Thanks for the comments….. After contacting my 1.5mm suit manufacturer today on attaching a thigh pocket, I was told the neoprene is to thin and weak to support the mounting a thigh pocket and recommended not to try…. It would very likely tear the suit.

Bummer…. I guess my only options are (1) add another belt to hang the pocket off of, (2) buy and use tech shorts which have thigh pockets or (3) add a pocket which uses the BC belt but does not need leg straps to secure the pocket.

If I can find enough BC belt real estate to mount a pocket, #3 looks like the best IMHO, if I aim to keep my kit simple / uncluttered.

Make sense??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom