Wanted Looking for a Bauer Oceanus/Junior II electric compressor in California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GStevens1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello everyone...

I'm looking for a new/used Bauer Oceanus or Junior II Scuba electric air compressor.
From my research and understanding, the Oceanus is a slightly more robust unit, and allows for continuous operation, whereas the Junior II is not a continuous unit (meaning it is not as heavy duty).

Anyone know of any local distributors in California (United States) selling these units?

Thank you!
GStevens1

Both of them are high RPM compressors, with the major difference being the oiling of the 3rd stage, Junior II oils with splashed oil (which works fine) and the Oceanus uses an oil pump (which also works fine).
Neither is really designed for continuous duty, but who cares, I have on several occasions pumped 3.5 thousand cuft of helium through my Junior II in one go over 15 hrs. Its now finally 20 years old and since I had complete A, B and C parts sets installed at the last service with the purpose of making it "as new", it'll probably still be working in 17 years when I turn 80.
I can't imagine that I'll still be cave diving when I get past 80.:thumb2:

HI @GStevens1

i have both of them compressor available for sale,

i am from india,i can ship you compressor by air or sea,

i also sales compressor on ebay,contact me on whatsapp for more details and pictures @+91 7405678256

Both of them are high RPM compressors, with the major difference being the oiling of the 3rd stage, Junior II oils with splashed oil (which works fine) and the Oceanus uses an oil pump (which also works fine).
Neither is really designed for continuous duty, but who cares, I have on several occasions pumped 3.5 thousand cuft of helium through my Junior II in one go over 15 hrs. Its now finally 20 years old and since I had complete A, B and C parts sets installed at the last service with the purpose of making it "as new", it'll probably still be working in 17 years when I turn 80.

Exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you Michael!

They... (referring to Bauer), rank the Junior II as "not intended or designed for filling multiple "banks" for storage," or more than one scuba cylinder at a time... You can with the Oceanus, in a dual bank "cascade" setup with multiple tanks, per their brochure. The fact that you are still able to do this, with the Junior II, proves how good these units truly are. I may still go with the Oceanus, just for longevity, but it's good to know that the Junior II can be pushed this far. They probably must say that the Junior II can't handle more than one cylinder at a time, just for warranty purposes so that a dive shop doesn't buy one... But for a home user, the Junior II would be sufficient, and the Oceanus would be completely overkill.

I'm new to this board. Thank you Michael. You have given me exactly the information I was looking for.

Thanks. When you pump 3.5k cuft of He through the compressor, is that pure He or a mix? At what final pressure? Thanks!

Hello everyone...

I'm looking for a new/used Bauer Oceanus or Junior II Scuba electric air compressor.
From my research and understanding, the Oceanus is a slightly more robust unit, and allows for continuous operation, whereas the Junior II is not a continuous unit (meaning it is not as heavy duty).

Anyone know of any local distributors in California (United States) selling these units?

Thank you!
GStevens1
I have a 10.1 CFM, 4500 PSI BAUER compressor for sale. 230 volt single phase. Can ship to you.

Attachments

• 20230620_115240.jpg
    20230620_115240.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230620_115354.jpg
    20230620_115354.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230615_151336.jpg
    20230615_151336.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 58
I have a Bauer Oceanus with a double whip to fill two tanks at a time if you are interested. Works very well. You can call or text me at (three one 8) 614-3762

Back
Top Bottom