Looking back at 2015 and goals for 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2015 was a ball!

went to komodo in February and completed my dive master made some very good friends saw some incredible stuff. best diving to this date!

sadly had to come home and couldn't just go off grid like i had always wanted.

week after getting back went to malta which was very different diving but very good in it's own way.

then got involved in uk diving, took the plunge shelled out on a drysuit, tanks everything else.

went out of newhaven and before i could get too use to drysuit diving went to tenerife for the bank holiday weekend.

people of europe, if you want to see life in europe i can really recommend the canary islands. but at 430 flight time to canaries, you can almost get to egypt alternatively .... sooo decisions?????

once back from tenerife i went north to the wall and dive the farne islands

here's a little video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZpyzNdD9s

since then just little hops in stoney cove.

egypt in november booked.
maybe mexico in jan ??
possibly back to komodo ??

life is like a box of chocolates

I got bupkis this year. (And last year, possibly, I can't remember). I did snorkel with whale sharks, though, so there's that. Next year I hope to do another trip with my brother, Florida or the Caribbean, most likely. We'll see if his schedule is going to work out though.

this year was great:

- averaged 5 dives a week while in college

- started sidemount diving to prepare for caves

- learned to drysuit because I got sick of being cold

- I graduate in the spring and have a job lined up near the water - of course.

- As for diving - my current goals are to start and finish TDI cave track.

- I've got some shallow wrecks to knock off my list of things to dive (found this cool freighter in Canada that is 20' below the surface - gonna be awesome.) and I plan on diving the USS Oriskany before I graduate.

-I never dive outside of the US/Canada - so maybe something like that could be added to the list. The choices are immense. Good thing I'm young...

Last edited:
2015 - 37 dives so far. Some more in December. Probably wind up with my usual 40 some dives. Did Keys in Feb and Cayman Islands in March. Rest in NC.

2016 - Goal: Do some diving and have a good time. Focus on NC but may work in some other stuff. Playing at getting better at fish ID.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom