Looking at a couple of used tanks; help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think both were good decisions. If you are buying your own tanks to this degree, I suspect you will soon be well past beginning scuba, in which case you will find a use for both steel and aluminum tanks. I have about a 50/50 split myself.

I just found a Craigslist ad for a steel 72 for...$7. :D:D

I just found a Craigslist ad for a steel 72 for...$7. :D:D

And so it has begun, I am tellin ya bud, you have got to stop looking around or you will find yourself with over 100 tanks in a year.

Naw, I'm able to keep it...somewhat in check. But come on, who wouldn't jump on a good tank for $7?!

Well, if was going to cost me $40 - 50 to get it ready to dive, and then I was never going to use it, I wouldn't spend $7 plus gas and time to buy it...

:)

Naw, I'm able to keep it...somewhat in check. But come on, who wouldn't jump on a good tank for $7?!

You made me curious. On my local Craig's List I found a "Size 72 A1 Tank" for $12 obo. It appears to be a steel 72. Not that I need more tanks...

I just noticed that it's 108 F outside. Good day to drive around with the A/C on. Maybe I'll....

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom