looking 4 a ccr...$5,000-$9,000 (max) usd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrducks once bubbled...
caveseeker

when u come to fla. look me up.....will show u some fantastic cave dives.

Thanks for the offer, Mark. :rolleyes:
If you're in FLa, you're in a pretty good spot for caves, RBs and both.

Tom Mount in Miami Shores certifies on both Inspiration and Megalodon (and a bunch of other units) all the way to Cave-CCR (that course is tought by less than a handfull of instructors). Claudia Milz in High Springs is another IANTD instructor that teaches the entire program, though on Inspirations only. Both can be reached throught http://www.iantd.com/
http://millenniumdivers.com/ sells (and certifies) on both of those units, and
for the Prism certification Terry Tysall and Billy Deans are in Florida.

Not a bad place to be. :D

... still active? :confused:

I heard he retired a couple of years ago, but I sincerely hope this rumour is untrue. The guy's a legend! So, hopefully someone on this forum knows if he still instructs?:bang:

Of course, guys like Tom Mount are legends as well! :clapping: :)

K.

I thought Billy Deans was retired, too. But he is still listed on Steammachines website as an instructor ... it would certainly be worth to give it a try. :)

Both he and Tom Mount are living legends, so there is much to learn from either one. Nothing beats experience.
For RB diving, Tom Mount probably has tried and tought on more units than anybody else. He still dives a lot, and from what I understand uses CCRs in caves whenever possible. Anybody who's been around as long as he is, diving the dives he does, is doing something right. Perfect person to learn from. :D

Also, it always helps if the instructor does (and teaches) the dives you're planning to do.

You can purchase an Inspiration for $7250 with the ADV plus $1350 for private training. This includes all consumables. 909.621.4171 or www.scubaschoolsofamerica.com

Hello there,
If you're not sure and you'd like to try an inspiration - - then call the store at 909.689.2422 and talk to Tim or myself - Wayne. We'll give you a demo in the pool! or you can take an intro to rebreather course with us for $90. Either way, that may help you. In order to best decide on a unit - you really need to determine what you want to do with it... some units very on there ability to handle modifications and such. I'd be happy to talk with you more on your questions you may have. You can call our Northern Cal office at 530.468.2237 and ask for Wayne Miller.

The retail for an inspiration is 6995.00 for the unit with a 18kg bladder and 7050 with a 22kg bladder, complete with cylinders, spares kit. An ADV is $200.00 extra. The purchasing process has reciently changed in that the customer DIRECTLY purchases the Inspiration from Silent Diving Systems LLC and we then provide the training. CCR Training is currently $1200.

Wayne, are you sure about the ADV price?
Thought those SDS cutthroughts want $400 for it.
Getting owners to ask me to bring them with me
from Europe ... :rolleyes:

Its a special I'm doing when ordered with the unit, by itself it's $400.00...:(

To add to the mix, If you are really fired up about diving a rebreather, you can build one, like the IDA 71 SCR I saw recently. It was a very nice remake done by a British chap of the Russian unit. Contact Dave Sutton for information about obtaining one if you are interested.

The Megalodon is another choice in the CCR line, but their production has been halted while things are reorganized after the death of Will Smithers (in an aircraft accident).

The Inspiration is the highest production unit and most available. The Prism would be a distant second in terms of availability, and both are within the stated price range.

A really good instructor in the Florida area for the Inspiration, and other units is Don Townsend of IANTD. <www.millenniumdivers.com>

Inspiration and other technical training is available in Belize from a very good outfit called ProTech run by IANTD ITT Roni Lieberman and Peter Jones.
<www.protechbelize.com>

No-bubbles divng IS a great way to dive. The gas is warm and moist, the fish are friendlier, and the turtles are---well---more amorous!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom