Look what my LDS gave me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

13940C09-2BD4-4EA3-8866-E5C1F18B05B7.jpeg

This thing is available for $90CND in my city. Caught my eye but I’ll keep looking for single steel 100s. They seem to be very reliable but I’ve never liked the look of those high pressure joints.

My LDS also gave me this thingy.
It’s a tank handle on bands. Those hex indentations are so you can bolt a single 72 onto a plastic plate. I guess you’re suppose to take a red hot screw driver or something and melt holes in plate where they typically have a dimple, which are not 11” centers BTW. Then use some 3/4”x5/16” stainless bolts and big fender washers as backing plates and bolt in on. Maybe grind off the excess bolt length so it doesn’t dig into your wetsuit.
I’m not sure what brand of plastic pack this was supposed to mate up with. Perhaps one of you vintage gurus might have an idea?
EBE1C0C1-F337-4B60-B2E6-80D831146215.jpeg

Th
My LDS also have me this thingy.
It’s a tank handle on bands. Those hex indentations are so you can bolt a single 72 onto a plastic plate. I guess you’re suppose to take a red hot screw driver or something and melt holes in plate where they typically have a dimple, which are not 11” centers BTW. Then use some 3/4”x5/16” stainless bolts and big fender washers as backing plates and bolt in on. Maybe grind off the excess bolt length so it doesn’t dig into your wetsuit.
I’m not sure what brand of plastic pack this was supposed to mate up with. Perhaps one of you vintage gurus might have an idea?
View attachment 756039
Those look like early At-Pac bands but I never saw a handle on one.

Congrats! You're going to love this gear!

I especially like the fact that one of the bands is notched to accept the J-valve pull rod.

One thing I'm not sure about: I was thinking that there should be double D-rings on the (canvas?) shoulder straps. The free ends would be set up to be pulled to effect a quick release. Are these missing? Is the upper shoulder strap (are the two upper shoulder straps) missing?

BTW, when I purchased my NOS USD single-outlet, solid-bar J-manifold a few months ago from The Scuba Museum, I also purchased a service/rebuild kit. And, later, a pull rod, too.

rx7diver
If he can't make his own pull rod... I'll eat my ***

I’ll have to take apart the J valve and check the seat. Those always tend to get crispy. If it crumbles do I just dig it out and just not worry about it being functional?
I’m going to run a Connie on it with an SPG and set it up on one of my Freedom Plates. I have an idea how to do it.
It originally had a 1” strap harness on it, you can see whoever had it rolled them up nicely and zip tied them.
Eric,

This is a much newer solid manifold twin set from Aqualung; you won’t have a seat problem with this set. The J-valve that had this problem was the AMF Voit J-valve, both single and twin manifold, and also for the Trieste-J and the Titan-J.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom