Look what my LDS gave me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m removing the harness and putting this on one of my plates. I’m going to fab up some brackets and beef up the bands.
I’ll post pics when it’s done.
I always wanted a single center post manifold.

Congrats! You're going to love this gear!

I especially like the fact that one of the bands is notched to accept the J-valve pull rod.

One thing I'm not sure about: I was thinking that there should be double D-rings on the (canvas?) shoulder straps. The free ends would be set up to be pulled to effect a quick release. Are these missing? Is the upper shoulder strap (are the two upper shoulder straps) missing?

BTW, when I purchased my NOS USD single-outlet, solid-bar J-manifold a few months ago from The Scuba Museum, I also purchased a service/rebuild kit. And, later, a pull rod, too.

rx7diver
All the straps are there. There are four straps rolled up. Two of them are for the shoulder straps which lace into the upper bands through the slots. The straps do not connect to each other on the top, they are independent, but each shoulder strap is kind of Hog” in that they are continuous from the top band to the lower band with no quick releases. The waist strap is there and has double square D-rings which would have been set up with a “tail” for a quick release. There is no crotch strap.
This would have been one uncomfortable sucker to try and hike on dry land with straps that thin.

Here are some pictures of what the shoulder straps are supposed to look like if the harness was complete. The shoulder straps always had a wider strap portion. The double rings and the sternum strap was also typical part of the shoulder strap assembly.

The actual harness is basically the same for single double or triple cylinders. The only difference is where it attaches to the tank bands.

You can still get that harness here:

But it is understandable that you would like to use your backplate.

34491740955_6598140658_k.jpg

34491742375_e163285ff6_k.jpg

34491745645_6a207e0ff1_k.jpg

34361598811_39de063139_k.jpg

34491738415_2298a622a6_k.jpg

34491735425_ab07c00efd_k.jpg

Luis, that harness makes me look fatter than I already am. 🤓 I'm sure it's the harness. What else could it possibly be? 😇

Eric congrats! I have the same manifold that I put on my twin 53's (6.9")

lgcl4y6l.jpg
is that a cutting board? brilliant.

A beautiful thing the manifold is for aluminium 80s

The manifold can be used with steel 72 or aluminum 80s.

The US Navy uses twin 80 with this manifold. I saw tons of these double 80s with this manifold and the basic military harness at the Navy dive school in Panama City, Florida. They were using them all over the facility.

You can see the manifolds in use with AL80 in the two pictures below from the Navy dive school.

1669731311306.png

1669731412501.png

Luis, that harness makes me look fatter than I already am. 🤓 I'm sure it's the harness. What else could it possibly be? 😇

Maybe it is the little mask... That may be it... I don't know... I am just saying... :wink:

You look good do. I picked the best looking models. :cool:

I picked the best looking models.
And humbly placed your own photo at the top of the list I see....😇

Yes, you noticed... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom