Looe Key! March 5 (Sat) 10AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Time to get the 'ol gang together again... Here's where Greg, Jen (the turtle-Jen), maybe Marvel and I (for sure) will be diving for the 10AM trip. Hotel rooms will go quickly!

http://www.diveflakeys.com/godiving.htm
1-800-942-5397 (Hotel) $115/night double occupancy
1-800-LOOE KEY (Diving) $40 with 10% discount if staying at hotel

TANKS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE!

1st Dive: Adolphus Busch; requires Advanced or hire a guide - ask them for details.
2nd & 3rd Dives: local reefs

From my place in Pompano, the Key is a 4 hour drive as long as I don't hit traffic... which is likely unless you go early Friday (before the afternoon Keys-rush), or very very early Saturday morning.

Mike? Mike is that you? I vagely remember the name. Do you dive these parts?

Winter is officially over! Mikey's back! :jump:

MikeJacobs:
Time to get the 'ol gang together again... Here's where Greg, Jen (the turtle-Jen), maybe Marvel and I (for sure) will be diving for the 10AM trip. Hotel rooms will go quickly!

http://www.diveflakeys.com/godiving.htm
1-800-942-5397 (Hotel) $115/night double occupancy
1-800-LOOE KEY (Diving) $40 with 10% discount if staying at hotel

TANKS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE!

1st Dive: Adolphus Busch; requires Advanced or hire a guide - ask them for details.
2nd & 3rd Dives: local reefs

From my place in Pompano, the Key is a 4 hour drive as long as I don't hit traffic... which is likely unless you go early Friday (before the afternoon Keys-rush), or very very early Saturday morning.

Hey Mike,

I will be staying at the Looe Resort March 17-25th. Would you mind giving me some recommendations on various dive sights to hit or avoid? I've never been to the Keys, so it will be all new to me, thus a learning experience about how things go down there. From what I've heard, I've been spending way too much $$$ going out of the country when we have awesome diving around FL.

If you or any other Conchs are around, come down and do a dive or four.

Scuba_Jenny:
Mike? Mike is that you? I vagely remember the name. Do you dive these parts?

Hush, Jenny don't remind him- maybe he'll forget & also forget that "little" item of his that I have.... :wink:

Gonna see if I can make it Mike- looks pretty darn good so far!

Sorry, I wish I knew more about the lower Keys but don't get down that far often. We all like diving the Dwain, Bibb and Spiegal Grove out of Key Largo, though, a little north. My impression is that all the Key Largo ops are good. We use Brian all the time at:

http://www.islandventure.com/index.htm
Phone: 305-451-4957 Toll Free: 1-866-293-5006

Have fun! Everybody says that Looe is the best diving in the Keys.
CON8IV:
Hey Mike,

I will be staying at the Looe Resort March 17-25th. Would you mind giving me some recommendations on various dive sights to hit or avoid? I've never been to the Keys, so it will be all new to me, thus a learning experience about how things go down there. From what I've heard, I've been spending way too much $$$ going out of the country when we have awesome diving around FL.

CON8IV:

Jaybird,

" Looe key reef resort and dive center" (305-872-4244) does a fun three tank trip that takes snorkelers as well but they sit out on the adolphus bush dive.
the reefs are very shallow down there so it's not uncommon for the boats to
mix snorkelers and divers, it seemed a little weird to me at first but the reefs
down there really are nice. Two other local operators are "underseas" (under seige)
by the locals and also "Paradise divers" a little ways back up in big pine key.

Kevin Fort Myers, FL

idive2:
Jaybird,

" Looe key reef resort and dive center" (305-872-4244) does a fun three tank trip that takes snorkelers as well but they sit out on the adolphus bush dive.
the reefs are very shallow down there so it's not uncommon for the boats to
mix snorkelers and divers, it seemed a little weird to me at first but the reefs
down there really are nice. Two other local operators are "underseas" (under seige)
by the locals and also "Paradise divers" a little ways back up in big pine key.

Kevin Fort Myers, FL

Thanks Mike & Kevin,

I will have to try some of the other ops. as well. My Gal is midway through her Open Water education and may try to finish while there. Otherwise, she'll just snorkel, which is sort of why I picked this particular place after hearing just a little about it. I'll probably take a day trip further back up the Keys and do the 'Grove. Can't miss those wrecks, Ya know! At any rate it'll be fun because after all, it's a dive trip! I'll also pack a fishing rod or two as I hear fishing is quite accessible. If you think of anythinbg else, let me know.

Thanks again for the responses,

In case there are any late joiners, I'm driving down at 5:30am (ugh) Saturday and Greg, Joan & Jenny are going down at 6am. Nobody is staying the night. If anybody needs last minute info, call me - 9 5 4/649 0 6 6 6. See ya'all there!

Marvel, are you going?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom