Long term tank storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
Sandy,

I'll be glad to help ya, I'll let the air out of your full tank very slowly. What mix is in it?

Now how come I didn't think of that? It is a thought, isn't it? The mix is 36% and it was filled the same weekend of our last dive together!

Speaking of which, let me know the next time you come into our area to do some diving. Maybe Brian and I will join you...he will dive and I'll just be a bow ornament! LOL :wink:

Well, if it's Amonton you're talking about...LOL

Ok, that I know. I thought Fred ment something about the flamibility of AL and I was like "What?".

Thanks Walt.

Scott

Walter once bubbled...
Scott,

As you know, Amonton's Law explains pressure and temperature relationships. As heat is applied (as in a house fire) the pressure increases. If your AL tank is full the burst disk will blow releasing the pressure. If your AL tank has relatively high pressures (as Fred mentioned, more than 500 PSI, but not full) you run the risk of the tank failing before the pressure is high enough to cause the burst disk to blow. Heat weakens the walls of an AL tank and an explosion can occur. HTH.

Walter

I plead the 5th. :D

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom