Long Term Regulator Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After making a regulator purchase and discovering a reg when rooting through the garage, I've suddenly been presented with the dilemma of storing two regulators that I don't plan on using for a while.

They're both older, an 86ish US Divers and an old early 70s Aqualung. The US Divers was up until recently my main regulator. Both have been serviced in the last 6-8 months and are in working order. I don't really see myself using either until I start getting to the point where I'm using a Pony or stage bottle, so what's the best way to store these? Should I remove the hose between the 1st/second and store the 1st/second stage in a plastic tub? Should I leave the hose on?

From what I gather, some of the folks on here have a legitimate library of regulators; what is your best practice for long term (read: longer than winter) storage?

As long as you aren't tying your hoses in a knott, they should be fine. I would get a regulator bag and put them in a place where they will not be exposed to extensive heat, sun, or dust. Also make sure your dust cap is on and secure. Maybe put your 2nd stage in a ziploc bag? If it does get a little dusty, you don't want to be inhaling all of that off the diaphragm! Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom