Long...MK10 plus ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just bought a reg, its all satin, took apart and looks to be a MK10 plus:

IMG_2636.JPG
IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2647.JPG

Came as a set with the R190.

Last edited:
Schematics, in date order 96, 97, 98, 99 and 2001

IMG_2649.JPG
IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG
IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG

Interestingly back in 93 the schematics also listed standard O ring sizes too.

Last edited:
Current MK10 Plus service kit:

IMG_3797.JPG

Have no idea what the thick white O ring is for.

Last edited:
Looking at schematics and what I have I cannot see the same version. I have a white washer that sits under the base of the piston and another identical white washer that sits on top of the spring I cannot find these on any of the schematics.

Part number (11 and 34 on schematics) 10-500-118 spring centering washer is no longer an annual replacement, could be one of the white ones I have ?
Back in 1996 that same part number was a spring centering washer and was an annual replacement part. It is not in the current service kit.

Also the kit contains a bush 107-00-401, which looks to have appeared from 1998 onwards. I cannot use this bushing as mine is one piece, so assume mine is at least older than 1998.

I'm not sure what to do with these two white washers or what role they play as they are just flat washers and could not be used for any centering. Should I just put them back in the same place? The lower one doesn't sit in any type of groove, looks like it' just sits there, I'd imagine it moves around? The top one on the spring fits exactly into the body.

Any pointers or additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Looking at it further it appears I may have been mistaken and perhaps both white washers were atop the piston spring, but I can't be sure, should have taken better mental notes when disassembling.

From 96-98 they only used part 10-500-118 at the end of the spring, them in 99 they added 01-060-101. I'm wondering even though my two white washers are identical if they are supposed to be the 10-500-118 spring centering washer and 01-060-101 shim? Would seem strange though being identical. Anyone have a picture of what 10-500-118 actually looks like?

Last edited:
The two IP shim washers should go on the regulator body side of the spring. The larger white flat o-ring in your new kit is the crush washer #16 and the smaller rubber ring is the dampener #19.

The MK10 plus doesn't use a crush washer does it? AMK10 does but it's red in the service kit. I thought A MK10 Plus is supposed to be shimmed from HP retainer cap? I'm not sure how #19 "dampener" will fit into the bushing I have on my piston...

Last edited:
The bigger white item is a rubber O ring not a crush washer.

IMG_3799.JPG

Last edited:
Many 10+ were DIN.... Kit could include it for replacement. Is the schematic showing it for replacement w/ service?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom