Long...MK10 plus ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see were going to the MK20 seat in the 10 plus would would reduce the chance of o-ring failure at the HP seat.

You're talking about the 013 that sits on that shoulder in the HP side of the body and seals the seat, I guess? The side-of-the-seat arrangement on the MK20 seat probably is more reliable. On the newer MK10 kits I think they replace that o-ring with a square-profile crush washer and it works great.

Actually, the o-ring and the crush washer both work great when properly installed. The difference is you must pay more attention to the proper seating of that o-ring while the crush washer can just be fat fingered into place. I have one Mk5 that I got when a shop tech twice failed to seat the o-ring in the body before screwing in the seat retainer. I did not even change the o-ring. Just opened it up, inspected the o-ring and seating surface, and used a socket to press the o-ring into the groove in the body before assembly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom