Long Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTodd:
I have seen a small d-ring on the can light on the right side used by some of the top guys.

This is only when diving a breather and is doen when using the switch block. For wreck diving the reel is mounted on the hip or a stage bottle. When wreck diving the only thing that ever goes on the butt d-ring is the lift bag. Anything else is a linetrap waiting to happen.

...never mind... Same answer was already given. (note to self. Read threads before you respond).

R..

salty:
This is only when diving a breather and is doen when using the switch block. For wreck diving the reel is mounted on the hip or a stage bottle. When wreck diving the only thing that ever goes on the butt d-ring is the lift bag. Anything else is a linetrap waiting to happen.

I purposely didn't address wreck diving and realise the butt d-ring isn't used. I don't do breathers so I am not sure what your comment was meant to address there.

For cave dives, using open circuit and numerous bottles and scooters, the can light clip is used by some for exploration reels. Let me clarify the top guys part - by one of my diving partners who is a GUE training director or whatever it is called now. However, anyone needing these level of details should have access to the right people and not need a list. Because, we are talking about dives where a whole bunch of tanks, scooters, etc. becomes a big glob of line traps the minute you let off the trigger.

RTodd:
I purposely didn't address wreck diving and realise the butt d-ring isn't used. I don't do breathers so I am not sure what your comment was meant to address there.

For cave dives, using open circuit and numerous bottles and scooters, the can light clip is used by some for exploration reels. Let me clarify the top guys part - by one of my diving partners who is a GUE training director or whatever it is called now. However, anyone needing these level of details should have access to the right people and not need a list. Because, we are talking about dives where a whole bunch of tanks, scooters, etc. becomes a big glob of line traps the minute you let off the trigger.

I posted as a clarification, we have to watch what we say and how it is taken. Befor we know it every new DIRF student will be out with catch bags and reels hanging off their lights because they cant handle more than one or two clips on the hip ring. :wink:

Your line about not needing the list for details is dead on.

salty:
I posted as a clarification, we have to watch what we say and how it is taken. Befor we know it every new DIRF student will be out with catch bags and reels hanging off their lights because they cant handle more than one or two clips on the hip ring. :wink:

Your line about not needing the list for details is dead on.

Fair enough, the left hip d-ring is fine for primary reels until you start going beyond two al80 stages. What is a catch bag? :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom