Long Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTodd,

You may know everything about DIR (LOL), but you have a long way to go when it comes to understanding civil communication. You seem to very quick to throw rude comments out, rather than do a little teaching. Boards are for sharing knowledge. You may know it all, but that's not the case with everyone else.

So, that's a pretty tall horse you got there, partner. Come on down here sometime and I'll teach you how to get knocked off it gracefully. :D

RTodd:
Easier to reach as in it is right in front.
Yep, just a little on right if you DON'T have a canister.
RTodd:
Left of the buckle puts it immediately to the left of the crotch stap when everyting is rigged up.
Yep if you DO have a canister.
RTodd:
If you don't know how it all works, don't bother to argue about it. If that makes a difference to you whether you grab it right or left handed you may have a career in the circus sideshow.
:11: My sense of humor may not be what you're interested in but isn't this a little harsh?

Spectre:
One could make the argument that in a single tank rig, having the pressure guage on your right side "isn't a big deal", or having a dump valve on the right side of a wing "isn't a big deal"... but it becomes a much bigger deal later down the road; and modifying principles that "aren't a big deal" to try and pound a round principle into a square hole [like the base issue of a BC vs. BP/Wing] completely defeats the whole purpose.
Let's just take it easy. I don't profess to know everything but I just wanted to help clarify a point. I can't believe this on a recreational forum to be so bad. If he was a "techie" he wouldn't be posting here.
Let's have some fun guys.

mempilot:
RTodd, You may know everything about DIR (LOL), but you have a long way to go when it comes to understanding civil communication. You seem to very quick to throw rude comments out, rather than do a little teaching. Boards are for sharing knowledge. You may know it all, but that's not the case with everyone else. So, that's a pretty tall horse you got there, partner. Come on down here sometime and I'll teach you how to get knocked it off gracefully. :D

Sorry - I didn't see this post prior to the two I posted.

mrobinson:
Yep, just a little on right if you DON'T have a canister.

Yep if you DO have a canister.

:11: My sense of humor may not be what you're interested in but isn't this a little harsh?

No, you never change anything. That is the point. Spectre bothered to give you some reasons. You only add to it and you get used to where everything is. Last week I did a cave dive of over 14,000' to check leads. On the same day, my girlfriend, with maybe 50 dives, was taking her DIRF class. The only difference in the rigs was the number of tanks and scooters. This system can be used for everything, stop trying to change stuff.

RTodd:
No, you never change anything. That is the point. Spectre bothered to give you some reasons. You only add to it and you get used to where everything is. Last week I did a cave dive of over 14,000' to check leads. On the same day, my girlfriend, with maybe 50 dives, was taking her DIRF class. The only difference in the rigs was the number of tanks and scooters. This system can be used for everything, stop trying to change stuff.
Yes this system can be used for everything. I not trying to change anything.

ppo2_diver:
For doubles, I put my reel on the right side and route the hose under it. When I dive singles, I have weight pouches and run the hose under the right pouch.

Reel on the right side? There is no D-ring on the right side. (remember this is the DIR forum)

cameron:
Where do you dir guys hang all your reels??
The primary reel is cliped to the hip d-ring or on to a stage bottle. Spools are cliped off in the pockets.

When cliping off on a stage bottle I find cliping off on to the top clip works best.

cameron:
Where do you dir guys hang all your reels??

Spools go in your left pocket. A primary is generally immediately deployed for cave so it doesn't matter much. I don't know what the current "officially" recommended location for wrecks is so I won't speak to that. For exploration reels in cave, rear d-ring generally or, where you are already dealing with multiple scooters, stages, etc. and accessing that is difficult, I have seen a small d-ring on the can light on the right side used by some of the top guys.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom