Long Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolves64t

Contributor
Reaction score
I just switched over to the long hose (7') for my primary with my secondary on a necklace. I am pretty tall and really long in the body so when I wrap the hose under my knife on the waistband it pulls the reg to the side of my mouth. If i dont wrap it under the knife it seems to float around possibly causing an entanglement issue. I would really apreciate any ideas on how to work this out.

E.B.

Get yourself a can light :eyebrow:

When I'm diving with my 7' hose and no can light, I just tuck a bight of hose under my waist belt. Works fine so far. I've also seen a couple DIR divers put their knife on the right side of the waist belt to make it a little cleaner, which also works.. how DIR it is depends as much on your buddies and diving as anything else IMO..

Under the light canister or tucked in the waist belt for me.

I should clarify that I have moved my knife to the right side and I haven't sprung for a can yet. I have not tried tucking it in I'll give that a go tomorow. Thanks for the quick replies.

E.B.

How tall are you?
Diving singles or doubles?

Depending on the answers you could try............

Tucking the hose in or looking for a 7 1/2 or 8 foot hose.

Btw Im 6-3 and have no problems and my buddy is 6-6 and has no problems.

The hose length longer than 5 ft is totally depending on your physical measure. I am using 5 ft for the doubles because it fits to my body condition. Your comfort level is the primary factor, not hose length.

For doubles, I put my reel on the right side and route the hose under it. When I dive singles, I have weight pouches and run the hose under the right pouch.

ppo2_diver:
For doubles, I put my reel on the right side and route the hose under it. When I dive singles, I have weight pouches and run the hose under the right pouch.

What do you do with the hose when you need to use the reel?

wolves64t:
I just switched over to the long hose (7') for my primary with my secondary on a necklace. I am pretty tall and really long in the body so when I wrap the hose under my knife on the waistband it pulls the reg to the side of my mouth. If i dont wrap it under the knife it seems to float around possibly causing an entanglement issue. I would really apreciate any ideas on how to work this out.

E.B.

First, put you knife back where it is supposed to be on the left side by the buckle so it is easier to reach. Second, I have never seen any diver too short or to tall to properly use a 7' hose. Given the way a backplate fits, an enourmously broad chest (I suppose a gut could too but then we aren't talking DIR) would have a greater impact on hose length than a person's height. A really screwed up first stage hose configuration could also cause problems. Have someone that really understands DIR help you adjust your rig.

Well I am 6-3 as well but I have really short legs and a freakishly long torso. I dive single tanks with a wetsuit and a back inflate bc. I am hoping that when I finally get my BPW or my can light finished the problem will solve itself but for now I am hoping to hear some other techniques people have tried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom