Long hose setup with Miflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherkid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to switch to the longhose setup but am trying to decide between the Miflex hose and the regular hose. My issue with the Miflex is that being a warm water diver I don't use a hood and am concerned about abrasion on the back of my neck from the hose.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I just did a week-long warm water vacation, with no hood, and a Miflex 5' hose. No problems here.

I used a 7' in warm water and did not have any issues.

I recently dove in Nassau with the Miflex long hose with no problems. Take a look at the HP hose too--amazingly thin and flexible.

You will like the milflex, I use them on my 7 hose and backup reg with no problems at all, im a south Florida diver.

I have about 400 dives with a Miflex 7' hose with no problems with my neck.

I have a 7' miflex. The only problem I had on a trip to bonaire was that it irritated the sunburn I got early in the trip. With no sunburn it was no problem.

If you use a DPV, you may find that the miflex hoses tend to move all over the place due to the current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom