Long hose for a single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

southjerseydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey everyone. i have read all sides of the argument about longhose/shorthose. i have dove short hose and now it is time to try diving a long hose. ill give you some information about my gear set up. i dive a hog bp/w with a single steel lp 95. i dont have a canister light. so i wanna know what length hose i should put on and also what is the best hose routing for the long hose. any other useful info on long hoses would be greatly appreciated.

5ft without a canister light or large waist pocket.

5ft or switch your Octo/primary hose so you breath off the longer. It's not DIR cool but it's a lot cooler than bungee the longest hose and it's long enought you can ascend side buy side but not face to face. Either way your money.

5 ft is usually fine. Measure from your valve, under your right arm, then comfortably, loosely around your neck, round up to the nearest foot. 5 feet. right?

For DPV applications, during side by side scootering and air sharing, you would want 7 ft.

For tech training, some tech instructors require 7 ft.

Best to ask yourself, why are you doing this?

For DPV applications, during side by side scootering and air sharing, you would want 7 ft.

For tech training, some tech instructors require 7 ft.

:D:D:D

Man, it is a good info though. you are going further too much on the recreational board.

How many divers have their own DPV? It might be 1~2%.......

I'd use a hose no longer than 5 feet for diving singles without a light. When I use a light, or scooter, etc., then I'd use a 7 footer.

Back
Top Bottom