Long hose coming over my head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm not DIR but have borrowed a few gear configurations. I use a 5' primary. It felt fine while diving with no problems but while reviewing a few of my buddies pictures of me I see the hose is lifting over my head. Again I did not feel this and it in no way bothered me but seemed unusual. What am I doing wrong here?

Unless you're real short and this the 5 ft hose might be a little short to tuck anywhere. I just stck with a 7 ft hose and run it under tha can light or tuck in my belt when I don't have a light.

Spectre:
Do you have a belt mounted cutting tool to tuck it under to keep it from riding up your body?
Not yet but I am looking into a can light. Will this require the 7'hose?

Scott M:
Sounds like Mike is saying yes. I've never used a 5' so I'm not sure how much shorter it would be. It comes down to if you can tuck it under the light or not. I'd guess most likely not.

MikeFerrara:
Unless you're real short and this the 5 ft hose might be a little short to tuck anywhere. I just stck with a 7 ft hose and run it under tha can light or tuck in my belt when I don't have a light.
I'll order a 7' and put my extra knife on my belt until I can get a can light and see if that helps.

How tight should it be around my neck? It did not feel excessively loose. As a matter of fact I could tighten it if I turned my head as far as I could to the left. It in no way limited me but was tight at the point I could turn no further so I thought this would be about right. Any tighter and it would have limited my movement which I assume would be wrong.

Spectre:
Sounds like Mike is saying yes. I've never used a 5' so I'm not sure how much shorter it would be. It comes down to if you can tuck it under the light or not. I'd guess most likely not.
I'm pretty sure the 5' would not be long enough to do this. It is basically running across my chest now.

Spectre:
(I was trying to leave out my personal feelings on the 5 foot hose :wink:)
Thats much appreciated. LOL. Us short guys have enough to compensate for already. It's a good thing there are other "features" that.......never mind.

Scott M:

You have to try it to know for sure because it'll depend on your size. As far as fit, I could probably get by with a 6 but for function while sharing gas (and that's what it's fore) I just stick with a 7.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom