Long hose coming over my head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo:
Hey were the photos digital? Post one here if they were.
No, not digital. I will see if I can find a scanner and post one.

DepartureDiver:
nothing ... it seems like it worked .. who cares what it looks like ... as long as it's not "way" over your head where it creates an entanglement issue or drag.

Hi Brian

IMHO the hose should ride along the back of the neck and not float up above the head.

If the hose is above your head at all it would seem to pose a entanglement issue. It would also seem that once above the head the hose would begin to contribute to the overall drag of a diver although its contribution might be minor.

How far above the head would be acceptable in your diving ?

Take care

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com

MarcHall:
Hi Brian

IMHO the hose should ride along the back of the neck and not float up above the head.

If the hose is above your head at all it would seem to pose a entanglement issue. It would also seem that once above the head the hose would begin to contribute to the overall drag of a diver although its contribution might be minor.

How far above the head would be acceptable in your diving ?

Take care

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com
Well you hit on my two disclaimers. If it's really over and on top of the head then it is an entanglement issue. But if it's just floating up a little (which is why the suggestion to see the pic was a good one), it's not an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom