Long Distance Relationship Advice Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know? Probably the best thing you can do for any relationship is to stop the blame game. Be honest, always be kind and look to improve yourself before you try to improve your partner. But stop trying to blame them for your unhappiness. Your happiness is up to you.
100% true. Which is why I was not pleased that two men blamed women for wanting to change men.

If someone continually makes you unhappy: WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE?
I'm not, dear. :blinking: But I hear ya, when I listen to people whine about their significant other, that's my reply.

I said 98% of cases Jim.

Men have no attention to detail.

Probably explains why I can make high end custom jewelery for clients. Lack of detail must be a selling point I never thought of. :idk:

Now who can't take a joke?
It didn't come across as a joke. It came across as another blanket statement against the other gender.

Jim, my S/O also makes beautiful custom jewelry and he too has lots of attention to detail, especially in our relationship, he's da bomb!

Debby I find the best way to respond to lame sexist comments from men about women is to respond with equally lame sexist comments about men.

Jim can dish it out but can't take it, it seems :wink:

From where I sit, two men were playing and observing some seemingly universal truths, which P'd off some women, who really got upset and began venting at the poor misunderstood gentlemen. :wink:

:gas:

:outtahere:

Actually, do have to run, cause I got a ton to get done today. Place nice ladies, no harm meant. :D

Sas, making equally lame statements against men doesn't win the battle, it just makes women look as bad.

Note that I could swap the genders in the above statement and it would still be true.

Blanket statements just don't work.

Jim, for the record, I'm not pissed off, I just think it was a stupid observation and, it is not a universal truth, not even close. Have a great day!

Debby I find the best way to respond to lame sexist comments from men about women is to respond with equally lame sexist comments about men.

Jim can dish it out but can't take it, it seems :wink:

Ouch. Talk about kicking a hornet nest :idk:

If you can not laugh at yourself you are missing the joke.

Dam! Wish I could make double posts disappear, as if they never happened!
It's a gift, and I hope I never change. :rofl3:

Men and women will never see things the same way, and we often try to blame each other.

Maybe we should all use those differences in perception between the genders to better assess things instead of looking at them as negatives. Most men and most women do tend to see things differently, and the differences can often be enlightening to the other if they are accepted as simply different and not judged to be "right" or "wrong."

I'm a man and I often have a harder time understanding other men. Many of my closest friends are women (and not close in a romantic way). I enjoy talking about our different perceptions on things, and we both learn from them. Besides, I've never been big on sports, locker room humor, belching or farting.

Ouch. Talk about kicking a hornet nest :idk:
No one trolls like an admin. Dude, you didn't even make the initial comment! I'd fry that sucker! :shocked2:
If you can not laugh at yourself you are missing the joke.
It's funny, but I laugh (and curse) at myself more than anyone else. Well, maybe I laugh at my cats a bit more. In fact, I am known for my self effacing humor. Quite often, people see me as having a low self esteem and will diligently try to help me past that. It's too stinking funny. It always reminds me of a line from HHGTTG: "If there's anything around here more important than my ego, I want it caught and shot now!" :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom