London Alcohol Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix

Club Web Master
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Right
well lets get this ball rolling
I was thinking maybe docklands or Victoria
docklands is a bit out of the way, and has pretty pricey bars/pubs, but its a nice place, theres some water! and its not tha hard to get to from the SE/Essex regions

Victoria on the other hand has a few nice cheap pubs, is centrally located and easy to get to from the whole of the south (a tad more difficult from essex but not by much), hyde parks up the road, and there are plenty of nice places to eat
the cheaper booze is gearing me towards victoria rather than docklands, but i leave it upto you guys :)

I thought maybe a pub/bar and a restaurant would be good, we could eat and chat in the relative quiet of a restaurant, and get something to absorb all that alcahol later, being bars and pubs in london are generally quite loud and having half decent discussions isnt the easiest of things in large groups :)

a weekend in july sometime perhaps? im at the SETT one weekend and at stoney another
weekdays are good, but i know some of us who work early would have a hard time getting in and out of london with enough time for the food/drink and still wake up on time :)

what does everyone think?
put your preferred dates and we will see what we can do :)

Slight preference for Victoria - it's definitely easier to get to for me.

On dates, at the moment, July is pretty flexible. I may have a course on the last weekend, but otherwise, I can move stuff around to make most Fridays or Saturdays.

Clootie :martini: :martini:

why not the City - say Monumount, Fenchurst St or Liverpool St areas as that is pretty accessable from all over London.

I'd love to join you but it's a tad far...

well most of the people coming would be from the SE, and not many will be driving, all trains from the SE goto London Bridge, Charing Cross, Waterloo or Victoria, and most of those go through Clapham Junction
and the citys not that easy to get too from outside of london
its rather central, but not that easy to get to due to traffic density/night transport etc
victorias closer to the 'west end' so has late night trains and night buses 24/7 but like i said its down to everyone else not me :)
we will meet wherever most people want to meet
Tokyo anyone?

that I used to work near Redhill and we used to find it much more convenient to meet in the City via London Bridge for me. My brother lives in Essex and works in Liverpool Street and the West End was always "too far" for him (the lazy git!).

Another idea for you - the GBBF (Great British Beer Festival) is just round the corner! It used to be the first weekend in August....

We've just got back from our traditional Friday lunch - curry and beer!!

Have a good one whereever you end up - and if it is Tokyo I know a few spots!

Jonathan

Heh, if it's Tokyo, I vote for Geronimo's bar in Roppongi

Just joking - quite apart from the problems of trying to get a night bus home from there, the price of the drinks in Tokyo is a tad on the high side - about £3 for a coke, £5 for a bottle of Bud etc, £6 for anything else, including shots.

Still voting for Victoria

Clootie :martini:

I can take the train to there or Charing X.

However, weekends are not so hot for me. We are pretty well booked up for weekends this summer, though I could perhaps scrape up a Friday night and head back down here on Saturday morning... Saturday nights are pretty no-no for me.

I'll check with my social secrtary (ie the wife) and let you knwo when I can do....

Have a good weekend and don't forget to look at my latest bit of trip report on Bikini in the Oz & S Pacific section!

Charring X or Victoria is both good.

However I am going to be well busy in July. 4/5/6 *might* be doable. Else most weekdays.

Set a date, see what happs?

Sish.
===

I'll get getting back into London from Cornwall on the 12th (Saturday). Mind if I join you? I can get to just about anywhere in London, so Victoria is fine with me. Please let me know. I'll keep watching this thread.

Ken

So, what did you lot decide on a time and place then? Or did you decide to call it off?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom