LogTrak use with G2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you can. I'm stumped as well. It is a shame ScubaPro produced such an amazing dive computer but paired it with a limited software program. My G2 doesn't deserve the software it was bundled with. My SubGear XP Air has a better desktop program than my state of the art, shiny new G2. This situation would certainly qualify's for ESPN's "C'mon man" segment

I totally agree with you. And the iOS version of LogTRAK is even more rudimentary. And today's software should sync the various devices with LogTRAK installed.

I can come up with a formula, using the average depth and change in tank pressures to compute the average SAC but I can't get the peak SAC, and it's something the software should do for us.

On top of that no one from ScubaPro even responds to this forum anymore. At least the Atomic Cobalt has Ron to respond to questions.

One solution is to import from G2 to LogTrak, and then run DivingLog 6. There you can import the dive from LogTrak. In DivingLog you can enter the tank size, see your average SAC, add comments and even print the log page. Unfortunately in DivingLog you can't see the heart rate or skin temp graph, but you can view this in LogTrak.

As a long time ScubaPro customer accustomed to using SmartTrak, I find LogTrak immature, insufficient and disappointing.

Personally, I would like to see the following basic information added to the detail displays:
1. SAC rate (as was mentioned earlier, this should be simple to add, it can be calculated given the average depth)
2. Add the ability to define multiple exposure suits - just listing "wetsuit" is particularly useless.
Please give me the ability to add my own exposure suits (I have multiple wet and dry suits)

Also the following basic features are missing
1. A search capability is sorely needed
2. copy information from previous or model dive, so that information doesn't have to be repeatedly entered

Given limited resources at ScubaPro, I am surprised logbook statistics include:
- sum of all depths (why would anyone need that?)
- maximum depth (I thought the world had moved beyond this)

I received very good support from the developer of Diving Log 6, and found that it does in fact display the heart rate data from the G2. It also has a very nice print function to make a hard copy of log book, so I went ahead and paid for the software. There is also an iOS app which syncs with the desktop and can be useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom