Logtrak for Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Steve,

How do you manage to update the dive location details?. I played with the bloody thing for ages and was totally unable to make it work. I could update the location when adding the dive to my iPhone logtrak app, but not when I was uploading the dive data to the actual application in my Mac book.

I also notice that on my Mac book it updates things like my heart rate with a graph but that doesn't update onto the app. That's not the only data that doesn't show on the phone app.

I think overall scubapro need to spend some time to make these a little more user friendly. They feel and look a little like a beta version. While I'm happy with my new G2 and loved my old Luna the less said about IRDA the better and even with Bluetooth now on the G2 the data can be pointless if they have overlooked the user experience in terms of how the data is downloaded and viewed. Personally I think they need to send some time updating logtrak both the phone app and the actual application itself.

If I can't even get something as basic as adding the name of the dive site without having to come here asking for advise then something must be wrong.

Having uploaded a dive I click on it.
Then I click on location tab on the left
There are places for Location and Spot.
Put the curse there and carry out a mac version of a right click. That is while holding down the control key you click. You should get a little menu that save edit, delete, etc. Make your selection and you can then enter names. Once you enter a name for future dives you will have that as one of the options on a menu. You go to the blank row on the menu to add When done click on a different dive. It will then ask you if you want to save the changes.

Does that help?

Note that it is the control key and not the option or the command.

This is on a MacBook Pro with a track pad.

Hi Steve, ok I have got it working now and even managed to update the GPS position. I'm liking it a bit more now haha. Clearly not as IT savvy as I gave myself credit. Thanks for the advice.

I wonder if i now plug in my G2 and then reconnect to my Iphone App if it will update the details across all?. I will give it a try.

It doesn't, you need to add the dive location in separately on the phone app and the application on my Mac. Oh well still lots of area's for them to improve.

For now ScubaEarth will continue to be my main online dive log. The fact that dive sites can be shared across the entire user base so you can see who has also dived in the locations plus other features keeps me coming back. It's far from perfect either but from the community point of view it's way ahead of Logtrak.

+1 for subsurface. Easy to use and now has an IOS companion app with all the bells and whistles.

It's a junky app. Wrote a very strongly worded email pointing out a 1/2 dozen of the apps flaws. I am just using it to get my dive data. Then I am off to diviac.com to keep a thorough record.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom